K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
1709765301542.gif

that’s because she saved your ass so you’d live to own an S550….

😁
Didn't 60 minuets rig that car? I had a pinto with the German motor. It was fun for what it was. I never worried about it blowing up.

Now a Tesla..........

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I know many people recommend against giving almost any decent car to our kids. I don't agree. Everyone tends to provide what-if or what they have experienced in a negative way. I bought my 18 year old son a new Subaru WRX as a promise for his last quarter of high school for maintaining a 4.0 average and getting accepted to his number one college on his list. All my friends and coworkers told me I was wrong and for so many reasons. He is now 23, the WRX has never been raced, it is in great shape, all maintenance has been performed and he still owns it. He got a speeding ticket for going 70 in a 65 on a 4 lane freeway while driving to work......at age 23..knock on wood; "Some" young people actually do know how to be responsible. I can't say the same for some of us "old" geezers :)
Same here, we will likely buy our son a car his junior or senior year of high school (he’s a freshman currently). He gets good grades and is a 2 sport athlete, one of which is getting him looks at potential scholarships for college. He works hard so we’re happy to get him some wheels, especially if he’s going to get some/all of his college paid for 😁. It won’t be anything flashy or anything that will get him in trouble, but my wife and I are willing to reward good work in school, on the field and at home. He doesn’t know it yet and will have to continue to earn it. If he slips up, it will get revoked for a period of time. Same will hold true for our daughter.
Sponsored