Sponsored

Getting the right stance

bombs551

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's time to replace my tires (again) on my 15 GT PP. I want to get larger wheels and tires, and I'm trying to figure out what's going to be the best size for me. I want the stance on my Mustang to look like the wheel/tire is flush with the fender. I want to do this without spacers.. What wheel sizes would y'all recommend to do this?

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else, couldn't find it..
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Last edited:

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21189&highlight=Aggressive+fitment

This is a better thread for a flush stance.

Are you looking to stagger or stay square. I've got 20x10 et45 at all 4 corners. I had to add 20mm spacers to get it flush. I like square since I can rotate and get a lot more life out of the tires. A 305/315 looks cool but is crazy expensive and I just my car to work. Not really breaking loose too often.

If I did it again I'd find some 30 offset 20x10.5 to put on all corners. I got too good of a deal from AM on my wheels to pass up on. So I made it work with spacers.

homegrown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Manual CO
Sub'd ... great question I am interested in as well

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Like my sig says, I'm running 285/35/20's on 20x10 +35 wheels all around. Not the best picture, but they are right at being flush;

Sponsored

OP
OP
bombs551

bombs551

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Like my sig says, I'm running 285/35/20's on 20x10 +35 wheels all around. Not the best picture, but they are right at being flush;

That looks pretty good. But now I'm questioning if I want 20's haha.. but that answers my offset question. I've been thinking 10's with a +35 or +40 offset.

mike@vossen

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage III
It's time to replace my tires (again) on my 15 GT PP. I want to get larger wheels and tires, and I'm trying to figure out what's going to be the best size for me. I want the stance on my Mustang to look like the wheel/tire is flush with the fender. I want to do this without spacers.. What wheel sizes would y'all recommend to do this?

Depends on budget too. Nothing will beat a custom made set of Forged Wheels for your Mustang. In our case, they are built exactly to your vehicle's specifications. The width and offset would be adjusted for the best fit.

From there you have a good selection of non forged wheels that come close to flush fitments. Flow Formed are the next in regards to technology after Forged and then you have low pressure cast after Flow Formed.

As an example here is "Project Copperhead" with custom Vossen Forged Wheels built precisely to the vehicle.

2zggcop.jpg

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform

First thing is to know what diameter you want

19s or 20s

then choose a brand or style

From there the fitment at times can be customized, then we can cater to the drop you have adjust camber spec based on the setup and tire sizing.

All in all its a simple process just need someone to help.

If you have questions you let me know im here to help.

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yea, I'm lowered. I'm on Steeda Sport springs, so that's 1.1" front and 1" rear.

Sweet, if you decide to go with 20s we offer 20x9 & 20x10.5. With that drop you can run up to a 315/35/20 in the back. Below is an example of that drop with 275/35/20 in the front and 315/35/20 in the rear.

Ruby-red-S550-VMB9-6.jpg
Sponsored