Getting ready to do forced induction - need opinions

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Looking to get opinions on a supercharger for my 5.0 ... eyeing buying one in the next week or so.
Requirements: RELIABLE power, MINIMAL maintenance, resaleability, minimal heat soak

So finally after 3 years, I am ready to upgrade to a supercharger. Have wanted to since I bought the car, but life and other stuff came in the way. The car is a 2017, with all the mods in my signature. I'm hoping for around 550 wheel horsepower. I daily drive my car, 200 miles a week. Both in city and highway. I live in the northeast and do drive the car when its colder out. (around 40-50). I don't want to do anything crazy, just looking for a slight upgrade.

I have been eyeing a Procharger P1SC or P1X setup. It seems to make sense for me because it until 3000-3500, car drives stock, and beyond that it really gives that extra power I want. Should be easy to install/remove in the future. I don't know how reliable the units are if I plan on putting at least 20-30k miles on it. Any other suggestions?
Hey, did you pull the trigger and buy a FI? Doug @ [email protected]
Sponsored

OP
OP

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
Hey, did you pull the trigger and buy a FI? Doug @ [email protected]
Yes I did...after much consideration over the last couple years, I ended up pulling the trigger on a Procharger P1X setup from Lethal Performance. It was a lot of money, but I think I got a good deal and it will keep me happy for a few years since I was considering trading the car in recently.

On paper and based on everything I read its suitable for me.
1) Not too much power for it to start really stressing other parts (transmission, driveline, etc.)
2) Tame until boost kicks in
3) Maintain fuel economy
4) Doesn't add a bunch of weight to front
5) Hits the power goals for me (575-600 wheel)
6) Possible to remove and resell in a few years.
7) Will be reliable enough for daily usage (100-200 miles a week).
8) Easy install

Hopefully it delivers on those. I know theres a lot of great options and its all about what you want out of the setup/car

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yes I did...after much consideration over the last couple years, I ended up pulling the trigger on a Procharger P1X setup from Lethal Performance. It was a lot of money, but I think I got a good deal and it will keep me happy for a few years since I was considering trading the car in recently.

1) Not too much power for it to start really stressing other parts (transmission, driveline, etc.)
3) Maintain fuel economy
8) Easy install

Hopefully it delivers on those. I know theres a lot of great options and its all about what you want out of the setup/car
Number 1 failed lol.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You’ll enjoy it and forget the gas because you’ll hit the accelerator more I promise. Supercharger changes your driving habit lol.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Don’t forget your tires and a couple of suspension parts please. I don’t want to see you on cnn.

Sponsored

OP
OP

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You’ll enjoy it and forget the gas because you’ll hit the accelerator more I promise. Supercharger changes your driving habit lol.
haha i think i agree with that!
did you dyno your car?
is there a reason you went with the lund tune over the stock procharger tune?

How are those tires...i'm thinking i'm going to need to upgrade mine

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
haha i think i agree with that!
did you dyno your car?
is there a reason you went with the lund tune over the stock procharger tune?

Never had the procharger tune since my speed shop used hp tuner. I bought the id1050x along with boost a pump and Lund made my car seems to add another 50 rwhp.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I got the Hp tuner from the get. I bought the id1050x along with the JMS booster, Lund tune after and the noticed a great increase imo. My car seems to add another 50 rwhp or more because the car just goes ape shit after the Lund tune lol.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My tires do hook on 1st gear and I really like it.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)

3) Maintain fuel economy
8) Easy install

Have you installed the kit yet? Or dyno?

Sponsored
OP
OP

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My tires do hook on 1st gear and I really like it.
I'm eyeing some new tires after installing this kit. My current tires barely hook on my stock setup. At the same time, don't want to go drag radials or something like that for a daily driver.
Looking at Michelins, Nitto G2s, Mickey thompsons...

Have you installed the kit yet? Or dyno?
Nope, I just ordered the kit on Monday...wanted to take advantage of 4th of july sales and get it before my birthday :) ..it might be a little while before I get it installed/dyno'd but will definitely keep the thread updated.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I'm eyeing some new tires after installing this kit. My current tires barely hook on my stock setup. At the same time, don't want to go drag radials or something like that for a daily driver.
Looking at Michelins, Nitto G2s, Mickey thompsons...

Nope, I just ordered the kit on Monday...wanted to take advantage of 4th of july sales and get it before my birthday :) ..it might be a little while before I get it installed/dyno'd but will definitely keep the thread updated.
Nitto 555 G2 not enough for NA on e let alone FI. Check out their 555Rii. It's the new and improved version of the 555R which hooks and its driveable in rain. Plus the 555Rii comes in alot more sizes than the 555R did.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Nitto 555 G2 not enough for NA on e let alone FI. Check out their 555Rii. It's the new and improved version of the 555R which hooks and its driveable in rain. Plus the 555Rii comes in alot more sizes than the 555R did.
Well, Just shoot me an email when your done. I plan on starting my heavy modifications this winter, Axles, Drive shaft Etc. Thanks
Sponsored