Sponsored

George Floyd was acutely intoxicated w/ fentanyl at his death and also tested positive for meth

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you truly believe that special treatment will go away, keep dreaming. When criminals know that no cops will ever be called everyone will be a target at will.
Do you think it’s justifiable to say “that guy is brown, so we will treat him by X pre-defined standards because other brown people tend to warrant excessive force”.

Do you think it’s right for a white cop to approach a black driver, hand on gun during a routine traffic stop if that same cop wouldn’t feel the need to approach a white driver in the same manner?

It’s not about cops not being called, not sure where that comes into play. Criminals need to be checked, period regardless of skin color, nationality, etc.
Sponsored

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Do you think it’s justifiable to say “that guy is brown, so we will treat him by X pre-defined standards because other brown people tend to warrant excessive force”.

Do you think it’s right for a white cop to approach a black driver, hand on gun during a routine traffic stop if that same cop wouldn’t feel the need to approach a white driver in the same manner?

It’s not about cops not being called, not sure where that comes into play. Criminals need to be checked, period regardless of skin color, nationality, etc.
I didn’t think it was right when this cop pulled me over for speeding and pulled his gun aimed right at face 8 feet away. But I didn’t cry about it.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I didn’t think it was right when this cop pulled me over for speeding and pulled his gun aimed right at face 8 feet away. But I didn’t cry about it.
you lived to tell the story...thats why

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
If you truly believe that special treatment will go away, keep dreaming. When criminals know that no cops will ever be called everyone will be a target at will.
The plan is not to get rid of law enforcement but to reallocate the funding to education, mental heath services, youth programs, police oversight committees ...thus leading to reduced crime.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
The plan is not to get rid of law enforcement but to reallocate the funding to education, mental heath services, youth programs, police oversight committees ...thus leading to reduced crime.
Whut? So, reducing the police force and increasing public outreach is going to reduce crime? HAHAHAHAHA!

I'm sure the first thing the career criminals are going to do when they hear about fewer cops on the street is run out and get free mental health counseling.

Sponsored

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The plan IS to get rid of cops. That is what is says. You must have misunderstood.

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Whut? So, reducing the police force and increasing public outreach is going to reduce crime? HAHAHAHAHA!

I'm sure the first thing the career criminals are going to do when they hear about fewer cops on the street is run out and get free mental health counseling.
I am sure now the drug sellers will start a lemonade stand with cocaine and meth. Just pick your drugs. Yes, that is the answer.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
One thing I haven't seen brought up is the Police Union. The Union is WAAAAY too strong. They are protecting the bad cops. Unions are almost never good, but in the case of police and teachers - people that have direct contact with the public - Unions should be abolished.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
One thing I haven't seen brought up is the Police Union. The Union is WAAAAY too strong. They are protecting the bad cops. Unions are almost never good, but in the case of police and teachers - people that have direct contact with the public - Unions should be abolished.
Agree that they are way too strong. Don't necessarily believe that they should be abolished (maybe so), but definitely need to be reformed, especially insofar as they inhibit oversight and fuel corruption.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
the union, all unions but especially public servant type, need to be de-nationalized and made local. start with breaking the police union up into 50 separate state unions, if that doesn't work, force them to be broken down to county/parish level. this helps to make them accountable to the local populace.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged

Did they say there were going to reduce the police force? I figured they would shift the budget around so that they aren't buying increasingly new technology and devices they don't need and shifted that to properly educating officers. A lot like we do with military funding. We print money anyhow just ask big business who just stole 500 million from us for some.

Better education leads to less crime. It's not hard to understand that there are certain underlying issues that lead to a life of crime.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
The plan IS to get rid of cops. That is what is says. You must have misunderstood.
Do you think more police = less crime? Do more libraries make cities smarter?

What prevents crimes from happening in the first place?

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Did Floyd die because the cop was a racist, or did he die because the cop was a mean MFer? Either way he needlessly died. The more broad subject of police brutality potentially affects us all. I think calling this "racism" is only inspecting one aspect, one possible motive. A LEO on a power trip or experiencing paranoia is the center of what is wrong. We are employing people with character flaws and/or poor training to serve the community and carry a gun. We have to get much better at that.