Sponsored

Gen 5 Whipple Setup - 10R80 Modded Transmission Question

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My season was short due to the massive Whipple Wait - but overall I am happy with how I did. 9.7 at 148 MPH on a 3.25" pulley, 10 rib, stock lower at 15.5 lbs of boost.

The thing that has made issues for me - from the beginning - is the 10R80. It hunts - all the time - even on my best runs. Blowing past the shift command - hitting limiter - hanging - all of it. I have the Circle D 258mm converter and the Mcleod clutch packs. It shifts fine on the street - regular driving. The moment I go WOT - it's out the window. I got the excuse that if there is even any slip - these transmissions "go nuts" - but I was actually at a fantastic prep day - with super solid weather - getting a fairly good 60' considering I was leaving in 1st at the time. 2nd gear leave - forget it - I loaded up to 3K rpm - and it cannot get through the 1st through fourth gears properly (blows through the shift command/hangs etc.) despite a solid hook. I am getting 1.48 60's while the car is hunting.

Two questions: 1. is this normal? 2. if number 1 is a no - will a Midnight Performance trans fix this issue?

Thank-you everyone!

971_148.jpg

515 60130.jpg
Sponsored