Garage Storage

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Need some advice from the experts. I'm purchasing a new GT500 and I do have a garage but it is what I would consider a breezeway garage as to where the front is completely open with no doors. I'm trying to look into getting it enclosed but one quote came back at 20K to do it. With that said I'm looking for ideas on how I should store the car with the way it is currently. I plan to drive it as much as I can but I'm not sure on temperature with these Pilot Sport 4S tires. I live in Kentucky and it can get cold in the winter and I worry about the tires on the car cracking due to the cold. What would be recommendations on best way to preserve the car to the best that I can even with it sitting. Thanks!
Sponsored

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
Need some advice from the experts. I'm purchasing a new GT500 and I do have a garage but it is what I would consider a breezeway garage as to where the front is completely open with no doors. I'm trying to look into getting it enclosed but one quote came back at 20K to do it. With that said I'm looking for ideas on how I should store the car with the way it is currently. I plan to drive it as much as I can but I'm not sure on temperature with these Pilot Sport 4S tires. I live in Kentucky and it can get cold in the winter and I worry about the tires on the car cracking due to the cold. What would be recommendations on best way to preserve the car to the best that I can even with it sitting. Thanks!
I obviously haven't seen your garage but I would call a few other people for quotes. I can't imagine it costing 20k if 3 sides are already enclosed.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Yah, 20k is ridiculous. I bet even a store like Lowe's or Home Depot can sub-contract you a way better price. If you don't end up doing a door, get some strapping and a good quality tarp and use the strapping to secure the tarp and close the opening. The 4s tires will be fine.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Anyone in the northeast do anything special to the car, tires before garage storage for the winter?
My garage is attached to my house and insulated but not temperature controlled. On the coldest nights it might be in the 40s inside.
Thanks for your insight and experience.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone in the northeast do anything special to the car, tires before garage storage for the winter?
My garage is attached to my house and insulated but not temperature controlled. On the coldest nights it might be in the 40s inside.
Thanks for your insight and experience.
Same here, I only use a quality battery tender and a car cover. So other special prep required.

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks JMEO, I didn't think I'd need a battery tender in PA.

Voodoo, do you use one for your cars over the winter?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The battery tender is not temperature specific, it’s more of a time thing. If you are not going to drive your car for a couple weeks or longer, it’s worth having a tender. The electrical system in these cars can draw a battery pretty low over a few weeks of non use.

Sponsored

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
I park mine on carpeted floor Mats, add fuel stabilizer and put a battery tender on it. NH gets below 0 in the winter and it’s never been a problem. Just don’t move it around under freezing, that’s when the tires could be damaged. I drive the car down to just under 40 no problem.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Joshua: Thanks for the Winter insight. It only gets down to near or below freezing maybe once or twice a season down here in South Texas so I'm lucky in that regard. But the fuel stabilizer is not something I've thought of in the past so thanks for that.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Damn nice cave voodoo..mine is the starter kit version.
Thanks, ive been doing it little by little until i got the VIN, and then i decided I had to finish it.
Ive done all the work myself, and im under $3k including floor cabinets and lighting. Very happy with how it came together

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, ive been doing it little by little until i got the VIN, and then i decided I had to finish it.
Ive done all the work myself, and im under $3k including floor cabinets and lighting. Very happy with how it came together
Mines still a hybrid, beer storage, yard equipment and tool bench. Going to dedicate the 2 car portion for the 500. Still debating on doing the epoxy floor or not. Thoughts?
20191005_140837.jpg
Sponsored