Sponsored

Garage size

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Correct :D! Already looking at a roller for the new house to avoid the 5inches (2.5 each side) of framing for the door (Door is 2.27m wide, so adequate size, but would rather the extra 10cm!)
If your walls aren’t much wider than your door, also consider that a roller allows wall (and roof) storage in the area that would normally get guillotined by an up and over during opening :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If your walls aren’t much wider than your door, also consider that a roller allows wall (and roof) storage in the area that would normally get guillotined by an up and over during opening :like:

WD :like:
Interior dimensions at 3.9m wide, it's just the door that's small annoyingly!

The garage at the minute has an up an over, but, we have space above that (as it's a sloped roof) to store shit up there. Storage however, being a first home when i move out, is least of my worries!

Garage is 2.27m opening, 2.39 frame width, 3.91m wide once inside, and 5.9m long, sloped roof on it too. (exterior garage)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I know this is about width but the lack of front parking sensors means garage length can be an issue when going in front first. I solved it by having an old tennis ball on a string dangling from the roof. As I pull in when the ball rests against the windscreen then I know I am in and still room at the front. (You do need help to set it up the first time)

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I know this is about width but the lack of front parking sensors means garage length can be an issue when going in front first.
I've found the lack of FPS on the Mustang, to be a ridiculous decision from Ford.
I can't recall any current, long bonnet coupé, that doesn't have them either as standard or as an option.

When one considers the equally silly decision to derivatise the "fenders" when any sane Program Chief Eng, would have kicked that idea out of the program costs.
It begs the question, just what are Ford smoking?
Common fender, carry-over FPS, from a passenger car or truck.
Sorted!

I know one can spend ÂŁ56k on a hot hatch, in the U.K. these days, but seeing as the Mustang has only 2 doors, you'd of hoped FPS could have at least made it onto the options list.

Hence, I've gone for the reversing malarkey.
Of course, having "proper" sized garages in the U.K. would help...

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
i have some floor tiles and a couple of bricks that I nudge up against - works quite well but yes does require parking without first to get the distances setup

Sponsored

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've found the lack of FPS on the Mustang, to be a ridiculous decision from Ford.
I can't recall any current, long bonnet coupé, that doesn't have them either as standard or as an option.
The original M2 in the UK had no FPS standard or as an option. The M2C does now though. The Mustang is only 33cm longer in total so i suspect the bonnets are similar as the M2 seemed to have a smaller boot and smaller cabin in general. Be interesting to know the actual difference.

I would agree though FPS should really be a standard feature for the Mustang.

StuStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS
I got the garage to take their demo to my house and park it in my garage to make sure that it would fit, my car was bought on the condition it fitted in my garage, took a little bit of persuasion but they agreed to take the 40 minute drive to my house. Another option for you? My concern was only with the width of the garage door as my garage opens up on both sides once in the door
Sponsored