Sponsored

Funny Story, Beware!

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
A few weeks ago I got rid of my 15 PP Ecoboost. Had just shy of 10,000 miles on it. I had a bunch of issues as far as suspension creeks and clunks, knocking when cold and turbo squeaks.

Long story short, when I went to sell it at a dealership, my friend told me it was in a front end collision and worth substantially less than I paid. I told him it wasn't and that I had an "evidence Manual" from Miller Ford where I purchased it from showing a clean vehicle history using autocheck.

He sent me the carfax and showed me that it was indeed in an accident and needless to say i freaked out! I called the dealership and they basically denied me and said that the carfax must be wrong.

After about a month of bogus and detective work, I finally found the police report from the accident, went back to Miller Ford and they took the car back and gave me my money back. I gave them the benefit of the doubt after that and thought maybe they just took for granted it only had 2500 miles on it when they purchased it and were just being negligent. (Apparently they only use autocheck and not carfax there, never heard of a dealer doing that).

But here is where it gets really good!

Upon me looking online at mustangs I came a cross a 2015 ecoboost with 9850 miles for sale on their site. I click on it and wouldn't you know its my old car! Accept they still have it advertised as a 1 owner vehicle with a clean vehicle history and no accidents!!!

So in closing,
1) If you are looking for a ecoboost mustang with low mileage, creaking aftermarket suspension and a ticking turbo that was in a front end collision and want to pay full price for it then check out their listing!!
2) They are asking $2,000 more than what i paid for it 6 months ago before they "knew" about the accident.
3) Absolutely ALWAYS USE CARFAX! autocheck or any of the others are garbage and only trust carfax.
4) I knew dealers could be sketchy, but these guys just have some big balls to try and pull this twice with the same car.
Link To Add!! http://www.millerford.com/used/Ford...90a0e0a17175dc18815382507.htm?searchDepth=2:2
Sponsored

Last edited:

Banjo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP manual
Holy crap. This is exactly how I expect dealers to operate. I hope most don't but when things like this come to the surface it's hard to not let it color my opinion of them all as a whole.

OP
OP
Phil@JDM

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy crap. This is exactly how I expect dealers to operate. I hope most don't but when things like this come to the surface it's hard to not let it color my opinion of them all as a whole.
I was never one to trust them either, but figuring it was a huge dealership in business for almost 100 years I figured they would be a little better than this. Just wanted to make everyone aware so no one else gets screwed on this car.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
BBB? I would hate for someone to get stuck with the same car.

Actually, can you put this dealership on blast? This is not even considered puffery - that information coming from a merchant is complete fraud and misrepresentation. They are going to play that they have the benefit of the doubt because they don't use Carfax which I think charges subscription fees.

kert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
A few weeks ago I got rid of my 15 PP Ecoboost. Had just shy of 10,000 miles on it. I had a bunch of issues as far as suspension creeks and clunks, knocking when cold and turbo squeaks.

Long story short, when I went to sell it at a dealership, my friend told me it was in a front end collision and worth substantially less than I paid. I told him it wasn't and that I had an "evidence Manual" from Miller Ford where I purchased it from showing a clean vehicle history using autocheck.

He sent me the carfax and showed me that it was indeed in an accident and needless to say i freaked out! I called the dealership and they basically denied me and said that the carfax must be wrong.

After about a month of bogus and detective work, I finally found the police report from the accident, went back to Miller Ford and they took the car back and gave me my money back. I gave them the benefit of the doubt after that and thought maybe they just took for granted it only had 2500 miles on it when they purchased it and were just being negligent. (Apparently they only use autocheck and not carfax there, never heard of a dealer doing that).

But here is where it gets really good!

Upon me looking online at mustangs I came a cross a 2015 ecoboost with 9850 miles for sale on their site. I click on it and wouldn't you know its my old car! Accept they still have it advertised as a 1 owner vehicle with a clean vehicle history and no accidents!!!

So in closing,
1) If you are looking for a ecoboost mustang with low mileage, creaking aftermarket suspension and a ticking turbo that was in a front end collision and want to pay full price for it then check out their listing!!
2) They are asking $2,000 more than what i paid for it 6 months ago before they "knew" about the accident.
3) Absolutely ALWAYS USE CARFAX! autocheck or any of the others are garbage and only trust carfax.
4) I knew dealers could be sketchy, but these guys just have some big balls to try and pull this twice with the same car.
Link To Add!! http://www.millerford.com/used/Ford...90a0e0a17175dc18815382507.htm?searchDepth=2:2
When I traded in my last car, I looked it up and found that it was listed as "CarFax certified no accidents" despite the fact that I had submitted an insurance claim on it a couple years earlier when I backed my truck into the car.

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Those sleese balls are several miles away from me! I will stay with Medford Ford!

CVCashmere

DKano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
kert said:
When I traded in my last car, I looked it up and found that it was listed as "CarFax certified no accidents" despite the fact that I had submitted an insurance claim on it a couple years earlier when I backed my truck into the car.
I don't think CarFax looks at those types of claims, they look more for accidents where a police report was filed.

zrx4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
randy
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
that is fraud and with your evidence you should call your local states attorney and file a complaint.seriously.if you don't people will continue to get screwed by that dealer.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, this should be reported

kert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
I don't think CarFax looks at those types of claims, they look more for accidents where a police report was filed.
If I were buying a car that was certified no I wouldn't be happy to learn that it had $2000 worth of body work done to it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Phil@JDM

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that is fraud and with your evidence you should call your local states attorney and file a complaint.seriously.if you don't people will continue to get screwed by that dealer.
I did put them on blast on social media and also filed a claim with the BBB and then when they saw that and the police report they backed down and gave me all my money back. But i didn't continue to follow up because the issue was resolved but now I see they are doing it again and technically even though its "not my battle" I still just don't think its right and don't want anyone to get screwed again.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Those sleese balls are several miles away from me! I will stay with Medford Ford!

CVCashmere
LOL @ Medford Ford

I wouldn't and don't recommend anyone to that place. I brought up concerns about my poor Service experience (multiple visits for service) with a face to face sit down w/ owner and I was basically dismissed with a "thanks for your concerns" - no one was fired and nothing changed over there. My complaints were logged with Ford Corporate as well.

--

Regarding Miller:
I bought a prior 96 Cobra from them a few years ago - had some real issues where their Service Dept was incompetent as well with the repairs and some IOU's after buying the car at the time. I also had a face to face sit down with the Owner over there - and based on how I was treated and the facts I presented, he let go of some folks.

If Miller is misrepresenting that car as you say - I'd definitely call them out on it. They can't play stupid, fully knowing the background and the facts you previously presented to them.

--

I don't deal with the Dealership peons - I go right to the top and anyone having a bad customer experience at any Dealership should do the same. You're not going to get results from the folks working the floors - you HAVE to go higher and request direct contact with the Owner of the franchise.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I did put them on blast on social media and also filed a claim with the BBB and then when they saw that and the police report they backed down and gave me all my money back. But i didn't continue to follow up because the issue was resolved but now I see they are doing it again and technically even though its "not my battle" I still just don't think its right and don't want anyone to get screwed again.
Post the factual docs about that vehicle to their Social Media outlets and TYPE the original VIN number anywhere you make a post. Anytime that VIN gets searched by anyone online, your posts will come up in search results across the internet...

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Carfax makes mistakes as well, having witnessed several problems with their record keeping abilities over the years. If you're not sure spend the extra cash and have a professional look at the car especially when buying used.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Same here... but I had a lady run into the back of me. We did not call the police and her insurance paid for the repairs to my Honda.

If no one reported to carfax, I'm not sure how they would know... unless they can pull from an insurance database? I don't know...
Sponsored