Fuel Consumption Figures

aussierob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROB
Vehicle(s)
2016 FORD MUSTANG GT MT MAGNETIC,RIDES YAMAHA R1
Thought I would start a thread so that the fortunate owners who have received their cars can post their fuel consumption figures!

My car is a MT Magnetic GT, so I'm not really too concerned with fuel economy. But would be interested to see what owners (both Ecoboost and GT) are achieving with various flash tunes, mods, and blowers???

I have about 1300km's up, and have been averaging approx 12lt/100km. Most of that driving has been varied, and includes some highway, urban, and numerous Mustang Demonstrational Drives!!! All at legal speeds of course!

Yesterday was my first real outing for a cruise with the family. We headed to the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. On the highway I was surprised that at 100km/hr in 6th gear (1700rpm) we were getting 8lt/100km. We did almost 200k's and averaged 10.1lt/100km, which included a fair section of twisties!
I should also add however that 'The Handbrake' was in the pax seat, and I had 2 kids in the back!:D:D:D
Sponsored

jumby

Master Cat Herder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 300C Luxury
12L per 100 is damn good considering my 08 LV XR5 focus turbo was around 14L

ozengine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Ruby Red Convertible
I assume you were using the cars instruments, Just wondering how accurate it is, but good figures for a new engine

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
So time for my consumption figures, I live in the City and when I decide to drive during the week I am in start stop traffic with a 40km/h limit. My mustang gets very thirsty waiting in traffic, When I picked up the car I was sitting at 21L/100km.

Now mixed with some less urban driving I am down around the 14.5L/100km after doing 500km's. The mustang isn't really an inner city eco car, but if I wanted that I would have bought another bike.

Now for the gearbox, I find at 50km/h I can be in fifth gear which really drops the L/100km. 5th must be an incredibly tall gear.

I think my fuel consumption will drop over the next few weeks but I am predicting it will increase after I put my exhaust on....because race car. (Has more to do with the driver than the car)

:cheers:

OP
OP
aussierob

aussierob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROB
Vehicle(s)
I assume you were using the cars instruments, Just wondering how accurate it is, but good figures for a new engine
I was using the instruments for my Sunshine Coast run, but have been getting approx 420km's for a 50lt fill up.

Haven't been flogging it though, and haven't had an opportunity to really test sport & race modes!

Sponsored

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
I use fuelly.com to track all my fuel consumption on the 86 and will be doing the same for the mustang.

Fun fact: over 42,000 km's of driving the 86, i'm averaging 8.3 L/100, and I don't drive it with eco in mind i.e. i'm generally giving it 8000 rpm to keep up with the average diesel SUV haha

So it's pretty efficient. I'm expecting double the consumption for the mustang, but that's mostly because of the noise I want to hear ;)

OP
OP
aussierob

aussierob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROB
Vehicle(s)
My consumption has probably improved since I had the Corsa Sport exhaust fitted.
Not through any improved efficiency, but because it gets loud over 3k rpm.

But it's a very very nice loud!

Loving the Corsa. :headbang:

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
I'm expecting double the consumption for the mustang, but that's mostly because of the noise I want to hear ;)
At least we have similar expectations :thumbsup:

Never even given a thought about fuel economy when placing the order. If I wanted that, would have gotten a KIA.

Deano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Ecoboost
Almost done 600 kilometres in the Ecoboost, hasn't dropped below 12Lt.
Sponsored