Sponsored

Front suspension lower on one side

stangjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 mustang i'm on my 3rd set of spring on it and every time it look like one side sit lower than the other. I dont know if it's lower or the other side is higner. What can cause this ??
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Stock rubber bushings are very "sticky". If you don't loosen them and re-tighten at the natural ride height after you change springs, then its very common for the car to be too high at one or more corners. This is called 'clocking the bushings'. Its a required step to get the car to settle after you've changed ride height.

Did you do that?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
stangjp

stangjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Stock rubber bushings are very "sticky". If you don't loosen them and re-tighten at the natural ride height after you change springs, then its very common for the car to be too high at one or more corners. This is called 'clocking the bushings'. Its a required step to get the car to settle after you've changed ride height.

Did you do that?
No i didn't do that. Wich bolt exactly i have to re-tighten on the front because it's third set of spring i put and it's always on the passenger side that looks higher

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If you do a search for Clock Bushings there is a Steeda or BMR diagram which points out the specific bushings you need to loosen up and retorque after they’ve been allowed to reorient themselves.

Its basically every pivot point where there is a rubber bushing and not a solid bearing. Sorry I dont have the link right now.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you do a search for Clock Bushings there is a Steeda or BMR diagram which points out the specific bushings you need to loosen up and retorque after they’ve been allowed to reorient themselves.

Its basically every pivot point where there is a rubber bushing and not a solid bearing. Sorry I dont have the link right now.
I posted it above...

OP
OP
stangjp

stangjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Ok thanks guys i'm gone try that

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
Clocking is very important. Just had mine done a few weeks ago after lowering. It made a huge difference in how the car rides and grips the road. Tech even saw the bushings turn as he loosened the pivot points.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Clocking is very important. Just had mine done a few weeks ago after lowering. It made a huge difference in how the car rides and grips the road. Tech even saw the bushings turn as he loosened the pivot points.
I wont admit to knowing it by feel, but yeah you can see them turn when they are loose enough, and the car will settle once all the binding joints are addressed (if its on an alignment rack or allowed to roll). If you still have a significant ride height difference, then something else is contributing.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
I wont admit to knowing it by feel, but yeah you can see them turn when they are loose enough, and the car will settle once all the binding joints are addressed (if its on an alignment rack or allowed to roll). If you still have a significant ride height difference, then something else is contributing.
The difference in feel was big enough to notice after the clocking and alignment for me. Ride height is even all around the car as well. I was very impressed with the improvement it made on my car. Of course every car is different.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
So when I go to the alignment shop and ask them to clock the bushings, will they know what I'm talking about? Is this a common request or is it something that I will have to explain? Also do you have to loosen the bushings on all 4 wheels at once then tighten or just one wheel at a time? Finally how may bushings per wheel is there to loosen?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Post #52 in the thread that BmacIL linked has a diagram. Post #1 is BMR explaining what to do.

I’d bring the diagram from post #52 and torque specs from the sticky thread at the top of the suspension forum to the alignment place, as there is a good chance that will help.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So when I go to the alignment shop and ask them to clock the bushings, will they know what I'm talking about? Is this a common request or is it something that I will have to explain? Also do you have to loosen the bushings on all 4 wheels at once then tighten or just one wheel at a time? Finally how may bushings per wheel is there to loosen?
Most shops will not know what you're talking about. You will need to show them the pictures from the above thread. It is advisable to loosen the bolts on all four corners, jounce the front and rear of the car, and then retorque.

OP
OP
stangjp

stangjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I try to clock all the bushings but the problem still there. The driver side looks to be lower than the passenger side. I really don't know what to do now.

OP
OP
stangjp

stangjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I have 2 of my friend with the same suspension (vogtland sport 1inch drop) and when i look my car it really seems to be the front driver side to be the problem.
Sponsored