Sponsored

Front springs only on PP

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Right now I'm just looking to add a little bit of rake to the looks of my '16 PP. Has anyone just installed front springs only? I see that BMR sells just the fronts or rears. I'm looking at their performance springs. Later on I can always add the rears, but to be honest, I'm satisfied with the wheel gap I have out back. Just curious as to whether or not anyone has done this and if they have any pics or comments about the handling dynamics on a PP equipped GT.

Thanks!

Jeff
Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I considered the 7/8 minimal drop for the front but decided against going any further mods on my car.

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
I tried it it. It leveled the wheel well gaps, but the car looked ridiculously raked, even with just 1" pro kit springs. Its already naturally raked forward. I ended up installing the rears the next week. If u wanna see pics just go back through my old threads.

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See, I have an opposite situation. The wheel gap in my front is 7/8ths wider in the front than it is in the rear. It looks like my car is accelerating while it is sitting still.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
I had my front springs/struts (Koni yellows and Eibach Pro) installed for a few weeks before yesterday when I installed my rear springs/shocks, so I got some decent behind-the-wheel experience with just the fronts. As far as looks go, it looked great I thought. The front was lowered about an inch and had a nice raked look to it. Handling was a different story though, at least since I installed aftermarket struts up front and left the rears stock. When I would make any semi-aggressive turns, the rear just couldn't keep up and it felt really spongy compared to the front. If you just go with springs in the front, you might be okay. But, if you add aftermarket struts on the front and not the rear, it changes the balance of the car in turns. I don't know if I have any pictures with just the fronts done, but I'll look and post if I find any.

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may play around with it. I can always order the rears if I don't care for the look. I plan on keeping the PP shocks and struts for the time being. Thanks!
Sponsored