Sponsored

Front Number Plate Holder - Discount Code: "Mustang6G" @ LakinPlates

SkyZykS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT manual fastback.
Sorry for asking this question again but my Stang is due at my Dealer in Sydney next week and it will save me trawling through 34 pages in this thread!

How do I go about ordering the Lakin number-plate holder and brackets for the slim NSW number plates?

Thanks,

JJ

https://www.lakinplates.com.au/ or just call Phill on 1 300 838 454 or 0419 322 071 he helped me out with plate holders for my Accord Euro and I'll be contacting him when the GT finally arrives :)
Sponsored

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Anyone have a comparison photo of the gloss black vs satin black for the lakin brackets? I'm about to order mine. Slimline front and standard rear. Will also be ordering kingpins.

Edit: disregard. I'll just order the gloss given the kingpins are gloss. Will call Phil before I order to ensure I get everything right.

Last edited:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have a comparison photo of the gloss black vs satin black for the lakin brackets? I'm about to order mine. Slimline front and standard rear. Will also be ordering kingpins.

Edit: disregard. I'll just order the gloss given the kingpins are gloss. Will call Phil before I order to ensure I get everything right.
Doesn't really matter as they're well covered by the plates/kingpins in any case.

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Doesn't really matter as they're well covered by the plates/kingpins in any case.
Yeh no worries. Spoke to Phil. Very helpful as others have said. Have just ordered a set of brackets and covers. :D

OP
OP

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
Fitting a Lakin Bracket to the rear of a Mustang GT Fastback.

I have a set of Lakin Brackets to fit to my car when it arrives, in the next 1 to 2 weeks.

I have told my dealer I will fit the Brackets and Number Plates myself.

Can someone who has already fitted the Rear Bracket, (Drewbo - I know you have), is there only one set of markings on the rear panel of the car, to drill and fit them to.

I know some cars have several markings, to raise or lower the height at which the Number Plate is attached.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone who has already fitted the Rear Bracket, (Drewbo - I know you have), is there only one set of markings on the rear panel of the car, to drill and fit them to.
Pretty sure there are only one set (they are quite obvious and protrude from the bumper, as opposed to the front 'dimples' which are recessed).

My dealer did drill two 'bonus' holes on the rear for me, so I can't be sure whether there were originally dimples where they are.

It will be obvious when you see it - drill straight through the centre of the protruding areas using a 3mm drill bit.

If you are still unsure, just hold the Lakin over the area before you drill and you'll see them line up through the holes.

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Hi Guys
I am looking for photos from those members in Sydney with Slim Line plates and what Plate holder brand options you have chosen.
thanks

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Hi Guys
I am looking for photos from those members in Sydney with Slim Line plates and what Plate holder brand options you have chosen.
thanks
Interested in pics too...ordered my Lakin plate holders last week to go with my custom slimline plates

Sponsored

mix 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Mustang Auto
Hi All, I have just joined this Forum. I have a Ruby Red GT Auto getting built in June. I have sourced a sho-n-sto GT number plate bracket and have my plates on hold. Also have mentioned to the Dealer not to drill front bumper!
Cheers.
10003967-1.png

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Hi All, I have just joined this Forum. I have a Ruby Red GT Auto getting built in June. I have sourced a sho-n-sto GT number plate bracket and have my plates on hold. Also have mentioned to the Dealer not to drill front bumper!
Cheers.
Welcome. Good plan :)

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Cheers.
Welcome to the forum.
Dont just mention it to the dealer....send your request in an email and then at predelivery time, employ a security guard with an axe to chop off the hands of eager illiterates with drills.
Talk to Drewbo for further information...:thumbsup:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Dont just mention it to the dealer....send your request in an email and then at predelivery time, employ a security guard with an axe to chop off the hands of eager illiterates with drills.
Talk to Drewbo for further information...:thumbsup:
Thanks for the reminder, Bob - I had all but removed this image from my mind.

attachment.jpg
Sponsored