Sponsored

Front Number Plate Holder - Discount Code: "Mustang6G" @ LakinPlates

Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Fitted the Lakim rear holder and cover today, front tomorrow, communicating with Phil is easy he is a gentleman, had a slight problem with older NSW slim line plates but easy fixed, looks great
I had a query with Phil at Lakin, sent him an email last night and he calls me, around 8.30pm to explain, not only makes a quality product, which generally people are prepared to pay for, but understands the value of great service, something I'm prepared to pay for because it is very rare.
Sponsored

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
True, but how many people walk around with a screwdriver in their pocket?
A simple ring pull makes it an EASY target for dickheads.
Just saying...:shrug:
Seriously though

I pull it out when parking all day or in dodgy areas and put it on drivers seat so that I don't forget to put it back on.

It's really not that big a deal

Gruntus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible in Magnetic
Ordered the Lakin brackets and Kingpin covers front and back and they arrived within 2 weeks, very well packed. Great service from Philip and I'm really happy with the end result.

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
I checked out the Lakin brackets today fitted to a new Mustang. They come with anti theft screws which need an adapter to fit and remove. Makes them a bit harder to steal.

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
Seriously though

I pull it out when parking all day or in dodgy areas and put it on drivers seat so that I don't forget to put it back on.

It's really not that big a deal
Just got a call from my dealer saying the sto n sho brackets do not fit the aus cars, it was supposed to be in line with existing holes etc but our cars don't have the same spoiler...:frusty:
Only way to mount it is to take bumper off to attach bolt on other side?
Asked him to just stick double side tape on it for now and i will arrange it myself.
Anyone else mounted this type of bracket had any issues?

Sponsored

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Just got a call from my dealer saying the sto n sho brackets do not fit the aus cars, it was supposed to be in line with existing holes etc but our cars don't have the same spoiler...:frusty:
Asked him to just stick double side tape on it for now and i will arrange it myself.
Hey mate, this may be a combo of issues.

Did you buy the one that fits the Performance Pack chin?

Did you provide them with incorrect instructions? The instructions i've found online are for the standard GT, the ones for the PP chin came with my sto n sho.

Only one (central) existing bolt hole is used for the front of the sto n sho, the other two (at the rear) are drilled by the dealer into the underbody plastic.

If you do the work yourself you'll know what i'm talking about. I think it's either the wrong part, or your dealer has a 3 year old doing it.

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My dealership fitted my Sto-N-Sho perfectly, no problem at all.

This is the one I ordered.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/license-plate-bracket-sto-n-sho-performance-package-gt-2015-2016/p/LPB41/

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
cheers yep the same one, only difference is now i have cut down the top to fit slimline plate.
what dealer? if i can get our him to call someone who has done it might help.

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
cheers yep the same one, only difference is now i have cut down the top to fit slimline plate.

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
Hey mate, this may be a combo of issues.

Did you buy the one that fits the Performance Pack chin?

Did you provide them with incorrect instructions? The instructions i've found online are for the standard GT, the ones for the PP chin came with my sto n sho.

Only one (central) existing bolt hole is used for the front of the sto n sho, the other two (at the rear) are drilled by the dealer into the underbody plastic.

If you do the work yourself you'll know what i'm talking about. I think it's either the wrong part, or your dealer has a 3 year old doing it.
thanks sent him your pic and now i think he gets it...

Sponsored

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
G RUSH and I both had ours fitted at Nuford Wangara :thumbsup:

Jarv23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT 5.0 Auto (OTT Stripes)
Sorry for asking this question again but my Stang is due at my Dealer in Sydney next week and it will save me trawling through 34 pages in this thread!

How do I go about ordering the Lakin number-plate holder and brackets for the slim NSW number plates?

Thanks,

JJ

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sorry for asking this question again but my Stang is due at my Dealer in Sydney next week and it will save me trawling through 34 pages in this thread!

How do I go about ordering the Lakin number-plate holder and brackets for the slim NSW number plates?

Thanks,

JJ
Google 'Lakin plate'

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

http://lakinplates.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=351_92_430_1111

Start there. You had better get onto it straight away, as it takes around two weeks to get them.

If you have any issues, call Philip on the number provided - he is perhaps the most accommodating vendor that I have had the pleasure of dealing with.

:thumbsup:

Also, make sure to tell your dealer not to drill your bars - by phone, by email and by carrier pigeon (unless it is in the dimples provided with a 3mm drill bit).

I obviously wasn't clear enough in my instructions and ended up with holes drilled in bizarre locations (fortunately the Lakins covered them up).

Jarv23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT 5.0 Auto (OTT Stripes)
http://lakinplates.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=351_92_430_1111

Start there. You had better get onto it straight away, as it takes around two weeks to get them.

If you have any issues, call Philip on the number provided - he is perhaps the most accommodating vendor that I have had the pleasure of dealing with.

:thumbsup:

Also, make sure to tell your dealer not to drill your bars - by phone, by email and by carrier pigeon (unless it is in the dimples provided with a 3mm drill bit).

I obviously wasn't clear enough in my instructions and ended up with holes drilled in bizarre locations (fortunately the Lakins covered them up).
Thanks Drew and MustangDownunder, checked out the website already and just chatted with Phil, he was very helpful indeed! Just need to check I'm getting the slimline plates with the Dealer and then I'll be placing an order with Phil.

Cheers guys,

JJ

PS Yes Drew, heard ya (and others on here) loud and clear re instructions prior to delivery, will make sure I've communicated with my Dealer in triplicate!! ;-)
Sponsored