Front camber changes over time?

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
Hello, for a vehicle with OEM macpherson strut front suspension, can the camber change over time? For example, stock front camber is -1 each side. Since the camber has no adjustment up front, can I expect to see -1 camber each side when I check my alignment 2 years later?

Reason I asked is that I have had my car for about 2 years now. From the beginning, both my front right and left were at -1. But yesterday, the alignment sheet showed that my front right has become -1.2 and my front right has become -0.6.

I looked at the position of the strut center bolts on the strut mounting hole under the hood and they seem to be perfectly centered though. What happened? Or is the alignment machine wrong? :shrug:
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Things change and wear over time. Springs can get softer. Strut can change shape. Bushings can deteriorate.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Setup errors on the part of the tech - not getting the heads/targets mounted properly, not ensuring that the tires were properly inflated or that both tires on the same axle had comparable amounts of wear. Keep in mind that the measurements reported to you reflect something like 0.9° ± 0.3°, which could be accounted for by any combination of effects that could shift one axle height up or down by about 0.3" relative to the other.

Bent wheels, extra stuff in the car on the right side?

What about the rear camber angle measurements, new and now?

Norm

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Setup errors on the part of the tech - not getting the heads/targets mounted properly, not ensuring that the tires were properly inflated or that both tires on the same axle had comparable amounts of wear. Keep in mind that the measurements reported to you reflect something like 0.9° ± 0.3°, which could be accounted for by any combination of effects that could shift one axle height up or down by about 0.3" relative to the other.

Bent wheels, extra stuff in the car on the right side?

What about the rear camber angle measurements, new and now?

Norm
[MENTION=6743]Norm Peterson[/MENTION]

Quick question from you norm, I recently installed gt350 struts and swift springs. I really love the way the car drives but my main concern is I get lots of left and right hop when going over uneven road and shit amount for bump steer. The car lowered little over 1 inch. My alignment is pretty good.

-1.6 camber up front and +7 toe on each side total +14.

Rear -1.8 and +20 total toe.

Any suggestions?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
[MENTION=6743]Norm Peterson[/MENTION]

Quick question from you norm, I recently installed gt350 struts and swift springs. I really love the way the car drives but my main concern is I get lots of left and right hop when going over uneven road and shit amount for bump steer. The car lowered little over 1 inch. My alignment is pretty good.

-1.6 camber up front and +7 toe on each side total +14.

Rear -1.8 and +20 total toe.

Any suggestions?
<- not Norm but... I noticed I don't see the Steeda Bump Steer kit in your mods listed in your sig. Have you considered it? I had some bump steer in my car even before lowering it. After lowering it it was more noticeable. I'm not saying it was bad or terrible but enough I wanted to correct it. The biggest thing with bump steer kits is finding a place that knows how to adjust it CORRECTLY. The properly installed Steeda Bump Steer kit definitely helped me.
Sponsored