Front bumper unaligned

zillks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Mustang Ecoboost
Three days old and some kind person decided to give my car a generous present by hitting my front bumper in the parking lot. Fortunately the paint seems to be okay enough to likely be buffed out... but there is this:

It's hard to see between the small gap, but it appears there are clips that keeps the piece flush? I guess my question is, would the entire bumper have to be removed to get it clipped back in (assuming there is no damage)? I'd rather attempt to fix it myself if it isn't too hard than pay someone else to do it.
Sponsored

GG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT with PP
You should be able to loosen the screws behind and pop it back in without removal.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Whoever did that and left should be killed

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Mine had the same thing and I realized from this forum others experienced this too. I just popped it back in. I was wondering what happened since there were no dents or scratches near the misalignment. I believe it is just thermal expansion.

OP
OP

zillks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Mustang Ecoboost
You should be able to loosen the screws behind and pop it back in without removal.
After a little research, as shown in step 7 here, if I loosen this, I think it will give me enough play to slide the clips back in.

Whoever did that and left should be killed
Was definitely hoping for more than three days without getting a scratch lol...

Mine had the same thing and I realized from this forum others experienced this too. I just popped it back in. I was wondering what happened since there were no dents or scratches near the misalignment. I believe it is just thermal expansion.
Unfortunately there is a scratch/scrape that is visible, clearly from being hit :( I order some Dr ColorChip; should do the job to cover it up well enough since it's not a very large scratch.
Sponsored