nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
I want to buy a set of used front seats that the seller doesn’t want to ship. I’m willing to pay for shipping. The seats are on a pallet at his house. I talked to UPS and the quote was $2400!!! Residence to residence is more expensive, I know, as a lift gate is needed. There has to be a better option (cheaper). Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I want to buy a set of used front seats that the seller doesn’t want to ship. I’m willing to pay for shipping. The seats are on a pallet at his house. I talked to UPS and the quote was $2400!!! Residence to residence is more expensive, I know, as a lift gate is needed. There has to be a better option (cheaper). Any thoughts?
There’s not that many options for non-business related freight companies (ie: discounted pricing).

Here’s some options:

1) Greyhound. You can ship large items via Greyhound. Decent pricing. The only drawback is, they only ship to their Depots. So both the buyer and seller would need to go directly to a Greyhound Depot to ship and to receive. Sometimes these Depots are not in the best of locations. Years ago when I had. 90LX notchback, I was doing the black interior conversion and needed seats. I found a set and the Seller shipped via Greyhound and I went and picked them up at the Depot close to me.

2) Search and log onto “u-ship” and set up an account (free). Put in your request to what you are needing to ship. There are long haulers or even folks who ship for extra side money. They will pick up the item and ship directly to you. Cost varies and so does “performance” of the person. So be sure to read their reviews. They will bid on your job so it’s up to you to decide who you want to “higher” based on their price point. Just be sure that the price quoted or Bid is THE toptal expected price, which I think they have to agree to once you select them as the shipper.

Are the seats exactly like your seats already as far as style and physical appearance where you’re wanting say leather vs cloth? If they are the exact same seats and just the upholstery is different - ask the seller if he would be willing work with you on price and to strip the upholstery and send to you. Then you can do a DIY (plenty on here showing how) or get an upholstery shop to do the job.