Free Soler Prf. Throttle Bodies for GT350/500

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Adrian, looks good. Thanks. How did it do after WOT without the controller?
It felt just fine after WOT without the controller. I didn’t experience anything weird or out of the ordinary. Speaking of the controller, am I correct in assuming that you wanted me to disconnect it before the data logs, so that we could focus solely on the characteristics of the TB? Now that we’ve gotten the logs out of the way, will I still be able to use the controller with the pump booster, given it didn’t throw any codes earlier today at WOT when I first took the car out? I went to a lot of trouble to route all of the wiring and mounting the components and would hate to not be able to use it. However, if you deem it to be unsafe to do, I’ll leave it disconnected.

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Stingray, 2021 GT Premium
My apologies. I thought you had a limp mode event at WOT, that's why I recommended removing the controller. I just read post #143 again and realized you did NOT get any codes or limp mode.

Disregard everything struk-through on posts #144 and #147.

Anyway, plug the controller back in. It was never a problem to start with.

Glad to see your Bullit is happy with both the TB and TC. There's one more Bullit to be tested and we'll be ready to go.

Thank you so much and sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My apologies. I thought you had a limp mode event at WOT, that's why I recommended removing the controller. I just read post #143 again and realized you did NOT get any codes or limp mode.

Anyway, plug the controller back. It was never a problem to start with.

Glad to see your Bullit is happy with it. There's one more Bullit to be tested and we'll be ready to go.

Thank you so much and sorry for the confusion.
No problem at all. Thank you, for the opportunity to assist with this process. I’m not an expert at all when it comes to looking at the logs, so I defer to the professionals, like yourself when it comes to that. If you can, will you please tell us whether the data obtained in the logs at least meets or exceeds your expectations for the work performed to the factory Bullitt TB?

Thanks

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Adrian, I cannot tell much from the log as it, unfortunately, did not have many of the channels we needed. The fact that we do have the same scanner and the data format also makes it more time-consuming to derive any meaningful results. In this case, your impressions are more important than the log.

We do have flow bench data and it flows 1165 scfm vs. 970 scfm for the OEM at 20.4-inch H20 vacuum at WOT. At partial throttle, the changes are even more pronounced percentage-wise.

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Have you guys done testing for mustang gt / sell the product?

If not I have a modified 2015 gt and would be willing to do some testing for you.

Would be interesting to see how much your throttle bodies can help airflow as I have heard they don’t do much.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That’s good enough for me Mike! I think this TB work was exactly what I needed to help me get the most out of my combination. I’m excited for the other 18+ owners, who decide to give this a try. To add to that, I think pairing It with the TC will just be icing on the cake. Can’t wait to hear from Deuce, once he gets his In hand.

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Have you guys done testing for mustang gt / sell the product?

If not I have a modified 2015 gt and would be willing to do some testing for you.

Would be interesting to see how much your throttle bodies can help airflow as I have heard they don’t do much.
Thanks, Triston. For the GT we are in the process of making a whole new part that will flow greater than anything available to date (including the GT350 TB) and it won't need an adapter. We'll keep you in mind when the time comes, likely this spring.

At WOT, modified TB's only help when they fall short and become a restriction in your setup.

At partial throttle, they always help regardless of setup.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Thanks, Triston. For the GT we are in the process of making a whole new part that will flow greater than anything available to date (including the GT350 TB) and it won't need an adapter. We'll keep you in mind when the time comes, likely this spring.

At WOT, modified TB's only help when they fall short and become a restriction in your setup.

At partial throttle, they always help regardless of setup.
Good to hear. I have a ported 2018 IM, headers, injectors, but stock air box.

I’ll probably buy a bigger intake but would be interesting to see if the throttle body can improve anything with stock intake or if you will need a bigger one.

Looking forward to seeing the product!

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
For the GT we are in the process of making a whole new part that will flow greater than anything available to date (including the GT350 TB) and it won't need an adapter.
@Mike@SolerEngr
I'll assume the GT custom TB you're referring to will require an adapter to fit the GT350 5.2 intake manifold for those running a GT350 manifold on the 5.0 Coyote ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
GregO, I don’t require an adapter with my GT350 IM. The first test TB that Mike sent me was nearly identical to a factory Bullitt casting and fit exactly the same. I don’t see an adapter being necessary unless someone was going with a big mouth port job on the IM and TB.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
GregO, I don’t require an adapter with my GT350 IM. The first test TB that Mike sent me was nearly identical to a factory Bullitt casting and fit exactly the same. I don’t see an adapter being necessary unless someone was going with a big mouth port job on the IM and TB.
I’m referring to the Soler GT 5.0 custom TB Mike brought up and it fitting a GT350 manifold. Not sure if it will have optional attachment spacing w/o adapter for different manifold options.
I currently run a GT350 manifold with 5.0 80mm TB. No ECM tuning, straight up Ford 5.0 programing.
If Mike's GT custom flows more than the 87mm I’d have no reason to change from 80mm to 87mm and would go straight to Soler's upcoming GT custom.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
@Mike@SolerEngr
I'll assume the GT custom TB you're referring to will require an adapter to fit the GT350 5.2 intake manifold for those running a GT350 manifold on the 5.0 Coyote ?
Great question. Dual hole pattern, no adapter. Will fit directly onto GT, GT350, Bullit, or Mach 1.

REVolutionist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT 350 R w/Black & Red Stripes
Mike,

Is the TB you are offering for the GT350 in its final form? Or are you still making revisions? I have a garage full of upgrades I need to undertake soon. But would love to add a TB into the mix since I will have the car down for these component upgrades.

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mike,

Is the TB you are offering for the GT350 in its final form? Or are you still making revisions? I have a garage full of upgrades I need to undertake soon. But would love to add a TB into the mix since I will have the car down for these component upgrades.
Everything is ready for the GT350, we are just waiting on parts to build stock so we can start the core exchange program. We'll be ready in a week or two max. Thanks!
Sponsored