Sponsored

FPRS GT350 Track Attack

CoolFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey Guys, quick question.

When bringing a guest that wants to drive to the Track Attack day, the guest is driving a (tuned?) Mustang GT. Do we somehow drive together during that day?
Can you share your experiences with me? I am gonna ask a friend later, if he wants to join me, but it should be also a great experience for him... especially if he pays extra :)

Thanks
Oliver
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

When bringing a guest that wants to drive to the Track Attack day, the guest is driving a (tuned?) Mustang GT. Do we somehow drive together during that day?
Can you share your experiences with me? I am gonna ask a friend later, if he wants to join me, but it should be also a great experience for him... especially if he pays extra :)

Thanks
Oliver
It's 1295 if memory serves fit a guest

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
Guests drive the modified FRPP Mustang GTs on the track, while the owners drive the GT350s. On the first day you will be put in the same group. Check the website for pricing .

The 2nd day if you reserve early enough, they can also drive the FPRS Boss 302s - which is awesome and highly recommended

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
The Mustang GT is no slouch. Your guest will have as much fun as you.
Its a good learning tool, but at least on the west course it gets absolutely smoked through the back section where the GT350 has more power, more lateral grip, more traction to apply the power, and the GT needs a shift at the wrong point. Even more to the point its very easy to maximize the GT350 taking relative driver skill out of the equation.

And thats with the GT being prepared for the track and on much better tires than OEM PZero. Somewhat shocking how much better raw ability the far heavier GT350 has.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Short story - Do the free 1 day in the GT350s. Your friend can tag along if he likes. Skip the second day unless you really have nothing better to do with your money. The 1st day is what you think it is - get to know the car in a track environment. Nothing fancy but enjoyable.

Long version:
FYI - I didn't think the second day was worth it, at ALL. Huge waste. Some will say it's because we had the GT and not the Boss cars but I don't agree. I essentially expected this: https://www.fordperformanceracingschool.com/en/programs/1-day-school.html
and it was NOT. Almost zero instruction. Even when we asked for instructors. They were spread thin between at least 3 other driving programs that were going on at the same time on campus. It was clear they didn't have enough people.

Were they nice? Yes. Just don't expect to learn much. If you've never done an HPDE, then you'll learn something on the first day...by the second day, there's no real improving due to no instruction. All of the things they say they work on in the above link, they do not. I got 2 laps with an instructor and the rest of the time I was basically left to drive solo and figure it out.

My background is that I've done HPDEs and AutoX for the last 7 years or so. My goal was to learn or improve at least one thing on the 2nd day, which was primarily supposed to be a school day. It was essentially a car rental...an overpriced one.

Not to mention it really gave the vibe of a profit center...there were no corner workers and minimal instructors (like I mentioned)..at one point, they seemed upset that some people didn't see a flag at the start/finish and continued on-track...when the pit-in is BEFORE the start finish...so you have to do an entire lap after you see the ONLY flag on the course.

I've been saying that I'm going to write a letter about it but have been busy since we got back. I think I'm going to take the time to do it this week. Was it fun(ish)? yes. Was it worth the money (for the second day), hell no.

mvic1518

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2012 boss 302 and 2015 WW LE 2016 Shelby GT350

Thanks
Oliver
I did the Boss Track Attack back in 2012 after I bought my Boss. I had a great time and thought it was 1st class. Last year I bought my 350 and thought it would be cool to do it again in the 350. Then I decided to let my oldest son take my seat in the 350 and I paid for my other son to go in the track prepped GT. Then I paid for myself to go as a non driving guest, what a blast. My sons are 37 and 35 years old and they had the time of there life.They break it down into groups, 3 or 4 in each group with their own Pro. If you take a friend as a guest you will be in the same group and spend the whole day together. Good Luck

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Together here as seen in pic prior to pitting out back in the track. This was in our afternoon sessions back in Sept when I was there... we did the West track. GT350's were clearly faster due to longer straights and higher rpm's to sustain in gear.

rfrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 White/Blue Track Pack
New or Experienced Track Driver?

Short story - Do the free 1 day in the GT350s. Your friend can tag along if he likes. Skip the second day unless you really have nothing better to do with your money. The 1st day is what you think it is - get to know the car in a track environment. Nothing fancy but enjoyable.

Long version:
FYI - I didn't think the second day was worth it, at ALL. Huge waste. Some will say it's because we had the GT and not the Boss cars but I don't agree. I essentially expected this: https://www.fordperformanceracingschool.com/en/programs/1-day-school.html
and it was NOT. Almost zero instruction. Even when we asked for instructors. They were spread thin between at least 3 other driving programs that were going on at the same time on campus. It was clear they didn't have enough people.

Were they nice? Yes. Just don't expect to learn much. If you've never done an HPDE, then you'll learn something on the first day...by the second day, there's no real improving due to no instruction. All of the things they say they work on in the above link, they do not. I got 2 laps with an instructor and the rest of the time I was basically left to drive solo and figure it out.

My background is that I've done HPDEs and AutoX for the last 7 years or so. My goal was to learn or improve at least one thing on the 2nd day, which was primarily supposed to be a school day. It was essentially a car rental...an overpriced one.

Not to mention it really gave the vibe of a profit center...there were no corner workers and minimal instructors (like I mentioned)..at one point, they seemed upset that some people didn't see a flag at the start/finish and continued on-track...when the pit-in is BEFORE the start finish...so you have to do an entire lap after you see the ONLY flag on the course.

I've been saying that I'm going to write a letter about it but have been busy since we got back. I think I'm going to take the time to do it this week. Was it fun(ish)? yes. Was it worth the money (for the second day), hell no.

We need to recognize that most owners of the GT350 have never driven on a track. So this program is an opportunity to see what this car is like at speed. Mostly basic instruction and experience, but fantastic fun for the newbie. Plus better awareness of car capabilities and balance to avoid simple mistakes on the street.

Total fun and enjoyment for most.

Experienced track drivers can take the much more expensive individual race training classes available from Ford. They don't need to ruin the fun for the majority participating in this great opportunity offered by Ford. The second day is obviously a waste for the experienced track driver unless in the Boss Race Car, which is limited and tougher to schedule, plus obviously priced higher. We can read on the forums how expensive it is for us to set up and use our own cars on the track.

So a chance to go for a unique experience, most responses are very positive about this program. Looking forward to my opportunity in the Spring. Have had very limited track experience in cars and motorcycles, but HAS ALWAYS BEEN FUN FOR ME! (never cheap)
GO :ford:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I did day 2. If you want the experience and you can afford it, do day 2 in the boss. It reincorces the skills you just learned and introduces several new dynamics (slicks, no stability augmentation, etc).

As for bringing a friend, it would be neat, but it ain't cheap. You get to be on track with someone at the same time. Think of it like a mini vacation, that costs money too. Two days of driving for two (and having a blast) would run about 5 grand. To put it in perspective, my 3 day Daytona track event with one person driving (track prep and fees) ran about the same.

Start tracking and you are going to quickly realize this is not a poor man's sport (and you are at the entry level).

If you can afford it, I'd do 2 days with a friend and call it a vacation.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CoolFire

CoolFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Thank you all for sharing those experiences. Hope I can schedule some time before returning to Germany with the car :-)
Nevertheless track will be a much different experience than just being able to go fast.
Thx
Oliver

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
We need to recognize that most owners of the GT350 have never driven on a track. So this program is an opportunity to see what this car is like at speed. Mostly basic instruction and experience, but fantastic fun for the newbie. Plus better awareness of car capabilities and balance to avoid simple mistakes on the street.

Total fun and enjoyment for most.

Experienced track drivers can take the much more expensive individual race training classes available from Ford. They don't need to ruin the fun for the majority participating in this great opportunity offered by Ford. The second day is obviously a waste for the experienced track driver unless in the Boss Race Car, which is limited and tougher to schedule, plus obviously priced higher. We can read on the forums how expensive it is for us to set up and use our own cars on the track.

So a chance to go for a unique experience, most responses are very positive about this program. Looking forward to my opportunity in the Spring. Have had very limited track experience in cars and motorcycles, but HAS ALWAYS BEEN FUN FOR ME! (never cheap)
GO :ford:

I agree with you about the GT350 day 1. It's mainly the 2nd day that Im referring to.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I think the 2nd day is a great value and worth it. In my group was two guys who owned Rs (one of which was a NASA time trial champion in his Boss) and they both had a ton of experience and felt the 2nd day was also worth it. Even if you're experienced, driving a track prepped Boss on a new track and beating up someone else's equipment makes the extra price a bargain. If you want more focused feedback of your driving, the instructors have always been happy to oblige.

John Hennessey seemed to like the 2 day:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/32992-Ford-Performance-Racing-School-Review
Sponsored