Sponsored

FP Tune restore and configure operation.

OP
OP
Buldawg76

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
see if he can instruct you.
I am worried your stock cal file may of been corrupted or something unfortunate. idk.
I got with my buddy with the 17 on Saturday and he was puzzled as well. See above post.

My configure tab should still work and the FP tech is working on that issue but it is of little consolation to me now. My bad for not reading all the info slowly and fully understanding it before I wasted my money on the tune. I bought it back in February and just flashed it in end of May thinking i could go from stock to FP at will.

BD
Sponsored

OP
OP
Buldawg76

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I mean, unless they changed in 2018 the way tunes are written/changed/altered, in fear of the EPA cracking down on them saying it is too easy to enable/disable writing.

I mean its a known fact mfr are locking down ecu, the 2018 from 2017, may of been a transitionary step.

OP
OP
Buldawg76

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
All I can say is I am not a happy camper right now.

BD

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
sucks man. personally I got equally good mpg or better on ford tune. but I used sams club/costco to fill up, it was only 20cents extra per gallon from 87 to 93.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buldawg76

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yea it wouldn't be a problem if gas was still around the 2 dollar mark of two years ago. Just really thought I would be able to flash back and forth but failed comprehend the statement posted above. My bad.

But if they cannot get the configure issue fixed then I may have some recourse on getting the stock cal reflashed at dealer since the program is not working properly.

BD

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I mean, worst case 100 dollar reflash, when prices drop back down one day, refresh to FP. its free to flash back to it. assuming you can't go back to ford stock that is only negative.

OP
OP
Buldawg76

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I mean, worst case 100 dollar reflash, when prices drop back down one day, refresh to FP. its free to flash back to it. assuming you can't go back to ford stock that is only negative.
Agreed. I just wish I had read it closer, since I would have held off flashing the tune till later.

I can go back if I do have the stock cal reflashed for sure since I own the FP tune calibration.

BD

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
but like I mentioned, gas at sams/costco is literally like 20c more per gallon, meanwhile other stations are like 1 dollar more for premium.

I live 5 mins away from sams, so its only place I fill up

OP
OP
Buldawg76

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
No costco near me and sams here is the same price as everywhere else like murpys, circle k and race trac.

93 is at 5 bucks per gallon here now and rising at cheap stations, top tier are at 5.50 per gallon for 93

BD

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
No costco near me and sams here is the same price as everywhere else like murpys, circle k and race trac.

93 is at 5 bucks per gallon here now and rising at cheap stations, top tier are at 5.50 per gallon for 93

BD
Be glad you got an ecoboost. Tune and no tune my car got exceptional 30-36mpg average highway in both forms.

the gt guys get 1/2 or less than us lol

OP
OP
Buldawg76

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yep, just got to keep my right foot under control.:)

BD

OP
OP
Buldawg76

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
New update to my FP tune issue and not a good one.

I was hesitant to provide full content prior to getting the issue resolved by FP tech but now I am very unhappy and have little hope for any resolution at all.

I was initially told by the FP tech that I would be given a free Procal 4 tuner (rebranded Livernois tuner) for my car and be a guinea pig for the beta testing of the Procal 4 tuner that is available for the rangers right now. I was led to believe it was in preliminary stages of development for the mustang ecos and I would have to pay to have my car returned to "as built" calibration by a dealer, but the Procal 4 would be supplied to me for free and would allow to go from stock to FP tune just like the 15–17-year models can as well as have more available features included with the tuner.

Well today I called the FP tech after 3 months of waiting for the engineers to finish getting the Procal 4 ready for release and testing. I was told that the latest decisions by Jim Farley to close plants and lay off 3000 employees included the engineers that were working on the Procal 4 tuner for the mustang ecoboosts. The tech did say for me to resend the info I initially provided him, and he would see about getting another engineer to take over my case/issue, but I do not have much if any hope for that to take place or any resolution now.

I know Ford and ford performance are two separate entities/businesses, but they are still under the ford umbrella as a whole.

Just a word of warning to anyone buying any FP products that tech support for issues with their product may be severely limited if existent at all from this point forward.

I just wasted my money on a product with no support after the sale.

BD
Sponsored