Sponsored

forscan and smog checks

joez3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I know on the new cars when you get a smog check they can tell if you have a tune installed and fail your car (if the tune is not approved). If you turn features on/off using forscan can that cause you to fail a smog check? I know that most people are using forscan to set things like when light come on/off. But on a Bronco they have these GOAT modes (some of them adjust throttle response, shift points, and other things, its like a different tune). On a Bronco forum some people want to add GOAT modes that didn't come with the Bronco they brought. If they do this will they end up failing smog?
I am asking this here because the Broncos are so new I don't think any of them had to get smog check yet.
Sponsored

shawn.m

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convert, 7.5 Dodge Ram
6 years before smog check for new

OP
OP

joez3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Sooner or later you (or someone that brought the car) will need to get a smog check.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I know on the new cars when you get a smog check they can tell if you have a tune installed and fail your car (if the tune is not approved). If you turn features on/off using forscan can that cause you to fail a smog check? I know that most people are using forscan to set things like when light come on/off. But on a Bronco they have these GOAT modes (some of them adjust throttle response, shift points, and other things, its like a different tune). On a Bronco forum some people want to add GOAT modes that didn't come with the Bronco they brought. If they do this will they end up failing smog?
I am asking this here because the Broncos are so new I don't think any of them had to get smog check yet.

Forscan has nothing to do with smogging, all Forscan can do is turn features off and on that are already built into the software.
Sponsored