Forgive me!

WaffleMix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
A few days ago I picked up some 25mm bolt on spacers. The studs on my PP1 were about a half inch long in the rear and at least 1inch in the front over the spacer. I am running the stock option luster silver 19s. There are absolutely no divets in the wheels for the length of the studs to pocket into. So I was thinking I can bore holes into the wheels. Then I started thinking, however minute the bore is, it would change the way the wheel feels and the balance of the wheel. So I decided to grind down the factory studs. Was this a good idea, in hindsight absolutely not. After more researching I realized I could have picked up some slip on spacers and extended wheel studs. I created more contact points of failure by installing bolt on spacers. These are obviously temporary until I refine my suspension. They are hubcentric spacers, I would grind measure and grind lightly to get just enough room for the stud to clear the wheel. It was a process. So why ask for forgiveness, cause I wish I would have done more research before going through this process. I was under the impression the spacers would fit without cutting/grinding after reading a few post and reviews. However I did not realize the PP1 wheel studs were different and the inside of the wheel was different as well. Does it look great, absolutely love the look. The front sits perfect for me, the rears poke out about a half inch, thinking about going with 15mm spacers instead on the rears. How does it ride, same as stock. I have the MagneRide and took her out for a test drive to ensure no shaking, wobble, etc. I don’t track the car so I should be fine. I do plan on picking up the ARP slip on spacers, extended studs and Steeda springs as well as some other suspension components soon. Anyway I hope this helps out anyone in the future that is thinking about using bolt on spacers with PP1 and the luster silver 19s. Oh I just hit 500 miles on my 19 GT, so I really didn’t get to “test” drive her the way I wanted to.
C4E0B8E6-ECD3-43A7-A539-F107948AE38E.jpeg
F6521322-3C96-43FE-BFC9-970D6D2F4686.jpeg
5B49A998-A675-4620-BB56-745FD4153768.jpeg
Sponsored