Sponsored

Help Me Bullittize My S550

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
Tried to post this on Reddit, but I think I'm shadowbanned for some reason :-\

I have a 2016 Guard GT. I bought guard in part because I'm a total McQueen fanboi, as all real 'Muricans should be.

Now that I have the car, I've started to make small mods to make it my own. I'm not going to go all out and try to mimic the movie car by chrome triming it and taking away all the badges, but I'm planning on murdering it out a little with some classy (;))plastidip on the emblems, and adding a few mods.

Do you all have an opinion on louvers, scoops, etc?

I'm looking at the following for mods, all painted to match...
Quarter window louvers: http://www.americanmuscle.com/cervinis-quarter-window-louvers-1516.html

Quarter panel scoop: http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-quarter-panel-side-scoops-2015.html vs http://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-v-series-prepainted-side-scoops-1516.html
(Favor Roush)

I haven't seen a scoop that I like yet.

Not going to get a wing, obviously.

Other suggestions?
Sponsored

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
Yup, that's a great plan. Especially now that Guard has been discontinued. It'll keep it kinda rare.

I'd do the exhaust, wheels, subtle suspension drop, grille swap, quarter window covers and delete the fogs.

I wouldn't paint the headlight corners tho. Maybe tint them out but I'm not sure I'd even do that with that theme. I don't think I'd spend money on a new hood either, if they're even available.

I'd also black out the 5.0 emblem or replace it with something else more subtle.

On the back, I'd get a blank panel and get BULLITT lettering cut in metallic color, in vinyl.

OP
OP

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
be974f82f328f5a4b0f8aa3b713a5dc1.jpg

I think this was from American Muscle. The rendering looks pretty awesome...
Just wish those parts were available! Though, I'm not a huge fan of that entire front end. I like the S550s headlights.

Sponsored

OP
OP

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
Yup, that's a great plan. Especially now that Guard has been discontinued. It'll keep it kinda rare.

I'd do the exhaust, wheels, subtle suspension drop, grille swap, quarter window covers and delete the fogs.

I wouldn't paint the headlight corners tho. Maybe tint them out but I'm not sure I'd even do that with that theme. I don't think I'd spend money on a new hood either, if they're even available.

I'd also black out the 5.0 emblem or replace it with something else more subtle.

On the back, I'd get a blank panel and get BULLITT lettering cut in metallic color, in vinyl.
These are great suggestions.

I have a Ford Racing Sport with black tips I'm going to install. I think I'm going to buy an H pipe for it to give it the right tone. Really excited about that exhaust.

I don't know if I'll lower any. I live in Houston and the roads are freaking atrocious. I would bottom out constantly.

Totally agree with the mods to the decals. Do you know if I just pull off the 5.0 will I need to fill that with anything? I think there's a little hole, right? Now, I'm thinking I'll go blank deck lid, and black out the pony. Might swap out the grill in the future if I find something I really like.

I have the PP, so the wheels are already black. Might look for something more fitting as I gain funds.

Pretty good start.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Do you know if I just pull off the 5.0 will I need to fill that with anything? I think there's a little hole, right?
There are two small emblem locator holes in each fender....

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Take lots of pics when it's done!

Matt In The Hat

Hook 'Em
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Unless you actually get some bullitt style wheels it will look just like any other Guard PP Mustang. I've been wanting to see some bullitt wheels on a guard since it came out. Good luck, can't wait to see what you do.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I think the 18" Foundrys are a modern update on the Bullitt wheels. I've had many people say that to me when they see the car
image.jpg
Sponsored