Sponsored

Help me with colors?

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
So, Right now I have bright yellow Brembo calipers. Should I strip and have them coated Ford blue to match the engine bay, or should I add some yellow to the engine bay to tie things together. All of the yellow in the engine bay is just a quick 10 min photoshop. See sig for current colors.

Thanks!
Some Yellow.png
20170326_182713.jpg
Sponsored

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
The calipers won't be seen at same time as the engine bay so I don't think they need to match unless you go to THAT many shows where you're one of those guys that pops the hood.

A side shot or other pics of the car with the wheel on would my useful.

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is what I am thinking as well. I am not really sold on the whole "everything must match" mentality either.
20170731_202741-1612x907.jpg

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Everything DOESN'T need to match, but usually MOST cars will have 1 to 2 additional colors as a theme. Like yellow calipers, orange mirror, blue side skirts, brown gas cap, would be weird. So you're going for black (i think) and yellow which looks decent. I'm a bit more of an attention hog so I'd add more yellow. Maybe a thin stripe on the mirrors, yellow sticker as the . on the 5.0, yellow side skirts maybe. I know you didn't ask I'm just rambling. I would keep the calipers yellow.

edit: i was going on that rant cause someone said the rule of three. usually need 3 parts of that color else it would be a bit weird to just have one part that thing. like a completely white car and just a yellow spoiler. obviously not for everyone but i kinda agree. calipers though there are two of em so that is enough for most people.

edit 2: did you change the picture or do i need to go to the hospital?

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I changed the pic. The saturations was jacked up on the other one...LOL

Maybe yellow on the APR splitter guard hicky that frames it? I have no idea what it is called...

Sponsored

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The front splitter? You could make it all yellow - that's pretty bold though. and from the front you will only have 1 piece of yellow. A more subtle thing some people like is just the lip of it yellow. Some people do that for the side too. Just the lip. At least one or two people here did that.

I mean could look ok, but from a lot of angles you're just going to have one bright piece of yellow. Would be a bit better if you had the black stripes with yellow pinstripes IMO. Either way post some pics, love seeing the different color combos and mods.

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something like this? Also, the 302 Decal and 5.0 badge have been replaced with a coyote fender badge.
Yellow trim.png

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Meh.. I am probably just going to leave everything alone.

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya that could look good, but then I'd do the side too since they're similar.

firstv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grabber blue
Yeah a yellow strip on a "second" side skirt would look killer. This is a nice car, I really want to do a black roof on mine.

Your Boss Manifold is the reason id like to do that setup. What do you rev it to? stock gears?

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Your car looks great now. BUT since you are asking, I would strip the calipers and go blue. Then paint the coolant tank blue and the Boss 302 lettering blue as well. Then all your fluid covers and dipstick chrome or brushed.

Your yellow calipers look good, but yellow and white don't really mix for me. A color more distanced from white would stand out more/better I think. That's probably why red works so well. :D Although it's overdone... but my caliper covers are red and look good (Although I am thinking about painting them white)...... and yes I realize I said a color more distances from white before that :D

I am an "everything should match" kinda guy.

But whatever you decide, OW always looks great. :cheers:

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah a yellow strip on a "second" side skirt would look killer. This is a nice car, I really want to do a black roof on mine.

Your Boss Manifold is the reason id like to do that setup. What do you rev it to? stock gears?

Stock 3.73 gears, and rev to 7,800 right now. And it freight trains all thhe way there.

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh... No, those are stock. I'm not supercharged or shocking the system with a 2-step.
Sponsored