Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I waited nearly 15 weeks for my F14s for my C7. They've been on the car for a year and still look great.
Very nice, sorry to hear about the lag though.
Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I was just about to pull the trigger on some Forgestars until I stumbled upon this thread. Here's the clincher:

2013 warranty said:
Forgestar Performance wheels are backed by a lifetime structural warranty to the original retail purchaser. A limited one year manufacturer's warranty guarantees wheels will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal and reasonable use. [URL]http://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/576549-cracked-forgestar-f14-beware.html#post10097634[/URL]
vs.

2015 warranty said:
This is a limited warranty. Therefore no warranties or representations, expressed or implied, are made. Forgestar neither assumes or authorizes any dealer, representative or other person or entity to assume for it any obligation or liability in connection with Forgestar products uses or applications. http://www.forgestar.com/v2/terms.php]
That's a big, fat no. Thanks to the OP.

Last edited:

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
I was just about to pull the trigger on some Forgestars until I stumbled upon this thread. Here's the clincher:

vs.

That's a big, fat no. Thanks to the OP.
Every company has that same thing they have to assume that because if you hit a curb thats considered road hazard thats not structure, so by wording it differently what they are doing is stating they cannot assume its structural flaw damage until they have a authorized dealer like us for instance check images correspond with them and then start the warranty process once we know its due to the wheel not driver error.

No wheel is immune to cracking ive seen wheels from Vossens to HRE bend or crack it happens. Question is if the shop you purchased from will have your back to help you out when you need it.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
I have no affiliation with forgestar, but cmon...it happens, some times its a defect other times its a pothole...you think most owners will admit that?
thats where we as the vendor help the client out figure things out and resolve it.

A good company doesnt just provide a good product at good pricing its also the customer service during the process and after the completed process with followups and solutions to problems.

Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Every company has that same thing they have to assume that because if you hit a curb thats considered road hazard thats not structure, so by wording it differently what they are doing is stating they cannot assume its structural flaw damage until they have a authorized dealer like us for instance check images correspond with them and then start the warranty process once we know its due to the wheel not driver error.
That's really not what they are saying. They're saying their wheels have had so many problems they can no longer afford to offer the lifetime structural warranty.

No wheel is immune to cracking ive seen wheels from Vossens to HRE bend or crack it happens.
We all know that. We all also know that some are more prone to problems than others. Since you brought up HRE, let's look at their warranty:
HRE said:
Every HRE Forged and FlowForm wheel comes with a Lifetime Limited Structural Warranty and 2 Year Finish Warranty for as long as the original purchaser owns the wheels.
They sure seem a lot more confident in their construction, and the internet isn't littered with a million pictures of cracked HREs.

OP
OP

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Vendors - of the Forgestars you have sold, what has your experience been with problems with wheels cracking? Anything you can do to quantify the problem would be helpful. Also what are your thoughts about the change in the Forgestar warranty? I have to say it doesn't instill confidence for potential customers, particularly when there has been a history of problems with Forgestar wheels. Thanks.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
That's really not what they are saying. They're saying their wheels have had so many problems they can no longer afford to offer the lifetime structural warranty.

We all know that. We all also know that some are more prone to problems than others. Since you brought up HRE, let's look at their warranty:

They sure seem a lot more confident in their construction, and the internet isn't littered with a million pictures of cracked HREs.
lets put it this way if I may, In the time that I have carried Forgestar wheels as a authorized dealer of their products, I have had only 1 case but that was not cracking that was a caliper to inner barrel issues, the solution to that was very simple, Steven at Forgestar understood it was a problem that had never occurred on this platform before he adjusted the fitment and created 2 new front wheels shipped them out to the client and shipped the bad fitment fronts back to him, the client had no additional cost occur to him and we helped throughout the whole process since he was my client I didn't back out but was fully involved.

Now I have not had any forgestar wheel crack on me in the time I have carried their product, nor any of the guys at my shop have had a forgestar wheel crack on any of their clients cars. The range of use has been diverse from show cars to track cars to everything in the middle. If a product was bad I would not sell it because that would be unfair to my clients.

Now we have to put into consideration the following you have a rotory forged wheel comparing it to HRE forged wheels, HRE recently introduced their FF series lets say its been ~ 1 1/2 years no issue with their products at all. I love both wheel lines because they cater to 2 different price points styles etc.

If I had any fears or had a bad experience with their products I would tell you guys, but so far no problems their a great company to work with and I like their products for what they are. Once again you have to keep in mind it is the vendor who has to help also ( we dont remake the wheels or anything like that) but we abide the policies and we are on your side to help you not anyone else so if there is a problem a good vendor will do his best to take care of you regardless.

Vendors - of the Forgestars you have sold, what has your experience been with problems with wheels cracking? Anything you can do to quantify the problem would be helpful. Also what are your thoughts about the change in the Forgestar warranty? I have to say it doesn't instill confidence for potential customers, particularly when there has been a history of problems with Forgestar wheels. Thanks.
John I understand your concerns, please feel free to see the top response as it also answers yours for you as well.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
lets put it this way if I may, In the time that I have carried Forgestar wheels as a authorized dealer of their products, I have had only 1 case but that was not cracking that was a caliper to inner barrel issues, the solution to that was very simple, Steven at Forgestar understood it was a problem that had never occurred on this platform before he adjusted the fitment and created 2 new front wheels shipped them out to the client and shipped the bad fitment fronts back to him, the client had no additional cost occur to him and we helped throughout the whole process since he was my client I didn't back out but was fully involved.

Now I have not had any forgestar wheel crack on me in the time I have carried their product, nor any of the guys at my shop have had a forgestar wheel crack on any of their clients cars. The range of use has been diverse from show cars to track cars to everything in the middle. If a product was bad I would not sell it because that would be unfair to my clients.

Now we have to put into consideration the following you have a rotory forged wheel comparing it to HRE forged wheels, HRE recently introduced their FF series lets say its been ~ 1 1/2 years no issue with their products at all. I love both wheel lines because they cater to 2 different price points styles etc.

If I had any fears or had a bad experience with their products I would tell you guys, but so far no problems their a great company to work with and I like their products for what they are. Once again you have to keep in mind it is the vendor who has to help also ( we dont remake the wheels or anything like that) but we abide the policies and we are on your side to help you not anyone else so if there is a problem a good vendor will do his best to take care of you regardless.
That's good information and I appreciate your insights. The fact that they dialed their stated warranty all the way back is very troubling nonetheless, and a shame, too, because I really like their designs.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 Mustang GT OW
Hello,

I know some of you personally and even though we are not a vendor on this particular forum, I felt obligated to share our experience with Forgestar.

We are the official distributor for Chicago dealers and have been selling Forgestar wheels for 5 years and have shipped 100's of sets to customers. Anytime a manufacturer produces 1000's of particular product, there are going to be isolated incidents. It is all about how the manufacturer/dealer handles those situations.

In the past 5 years, I have seen a few warranty claims come through and all have been handled with great care by Forgestar. In some cases, Forgestar was not even obligated (warranty or not) to take care of the customer and they did.

As for the change in warranty, I have seen nothing change internally with how Forgestar handles warranty claims. I'm sure the wording change has to do with abuse of their warranty. My recommendation, for those considering the purchase of ANY wheel, is to work with a reputable dealer that has a strong reputation within the community. They will help you in the unlikely event that a warranty claim ever needs to be filed.

Also, I did see the comparison to HRE and while we also carry/support HRE, it is only fair to point out the following:

1) HRE "flow forged" program is not that old. While I don't have exact production counts, it is my estimate that Forgestar has far more flow forged sets in circulation than HRE. Thus, more opportunity for incidents.

2) HRE serves a different price point (2x cost of typical Forgestar set).

Personally, I have owned 3 sets of Forgestar wheels for my cars and have never had an issue. I tell everyone, in the sub 2k price point, there are very few options that can touch Forgestar's value.

As always, if anyone has any questions please feel free to email me directly [email protected]

Sponsored

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 Mustang GT OW