Sponsored

Forged wheels alternative..

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Depends what application they are for. If track purposes then weight should be top concern. TSW makes some nice lightweight wheels that aren't very expensive at all.

If a daily driver don't be so concerned over weigh. You're talking maybe 10 pounds per wheel between cheap ones and the $800-1,500/wheel setup. You won't lose much except money.

Frankly my car is solely a daily driver so I went budget and got Niche 20x10s with Nitto 275s and TPMS for well under $2,000. I personally think paying 4 grand for wheels/ties is insane at 10% of the cost of a $30-40k car.
Sponsored

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
So what?
Everyone and their grandmother owns a mustang. Is that going to make you sell yours and pick up a station wagon?
LOL I shouldnt have been drinking water when I read this

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Its not that i mind the price so terribly, its that the wheels see so much abuse and if i can find a cheaper alternative ill go for it.
The enkeis look good!!! Theyre winning so far! Thanks

I would pay upwards the 3k mark for volks or some tfw chicanes/sebrings
I have some WORK cr2p's on order. They are 20x10 and 20x11 with the stepped lip.

The wheels themselves are a bit more than 3k but high, high quality as you know.

Just another option out there.

Here are mine with the stepped like and GT Silver centers.
image.jpg

spitfirecwp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If you really like the jdm style wheels buy used! Go to evolutionm forum classified or the Lexus, supra, rx7/8, 350z/370z, s2000, Sti, or gtr forums. The mustang shares the same bolt pattern. You guys are tripping over the price then don't buy new. It's so funny to me that people see this style wheel fall in love then start losing their mind at the price and trying to figure out wheel offsets and tire sizes. It's simple math. Buy used then use simple math to figure out if it will fit.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
So what?
Everyone and their grandmother owns a mustang. Is that going to make you sell yours and pick up a station wagon?
doesn't mean every mustang needs f14s, much less every car in the world. isn't whole point of getting aftermarket wheels at it's core is not to have the same thing everyone else has?

don't get me wrong f14s they were even on my list and are nice but I even live in a area where a lot of customized cars and there are plenty for f14s to be seen around... even seen them on range rover evoque's.

then there's xxr which really are every where lol

but this forum is a good example of how many mustangs have f14s and that's what personally turned me off.

to each his own

Sponsored

whirledpeaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Lariat
No offense but if you live in pothole land, $3k is alot to spend on wheels. I'd suggest 18" just for the extra rubber.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
No offense but if you live in pothole land, $3k is alot to spend on wheels. I'd suggest 18" just for the extra rubber.
this whole country lives in pothole land

just gotta play reverse whack a mole!

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
doesn't mean every mustang needs f14s, much less every car in the world. isn't whole point of getting aftermarket wheels at it's core is not to have the same thing everyone else has?

don't get me wrong f14s they were even on my list and are nice but I even live in a area where a lot of customized cars and there are plenty for f14s to be seen around... even seen them on range rover evoque's.

then there's xxr which really are every where lol

but this forum is a good example of how many mustangs have f14s and that's what personally turned me off.

to each his own
Exactly.....to each their own.
Idc what everyone has in their car, if I like it it's going on my car.
I love the concave curve of the f14, I also love the fact that they are one of the few that offer a 20x11 wheel.
OP is looking for a budget friendly light weight wheel. Who better than forgestar?

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
My 20s have no issues a potholes.

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In
Consider this a noob question, but what makes the these wheel sets 2-3k over say some sub $200 a piece wheels from american muscle? I'm just curious as someday i'd like to switch out my rims but i don't particularly want to spend an arm and a leg.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Consider this a noob question, but what makes the these wheel sets 2-3k over say some sub $200 a piece wheels from american muscle? I'm just curious as someday i'd like to switch out my rims but i don't particularly want to spend an arm and a leg.
The process in which they are made. Forged wheels are a lot more expensive than a cast wheel. Materials also drive up the cost of what the wheel is made of.

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In
The process in which they are made. Forged wheels are a lot more expensive than a cast wheel. Materials also drive up the cost of what the wheel is made of.
Any real benefit for a DD to go with forged over cast?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Any real benefit for a DD to go with forged over cast?
Forged are much stronger wheels and lighter (reduced unsprung weight). All depends on your needs and your budget.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Forged Wheels Alternative

MY Alternative !

If Steeda will ever ship the Progressive Springs IT will get lowered a smidge !
20150714_190533.jpg