Sponsored

Fore L2 wiring advice?

Prevail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Installing a triple pump 285 kit with a hobbs. This is what I have ascertained online:

Seems like I need to;

Wire all 3 pumps separately into pump 1, 2, and 3

red power wire goes to front battery, mount circuit breaker on battery cover and then run it to positive terminal or one of the fuse box terminals?

I’ve seen some people splice into the purple green or the yellow and grey on the fpdm harness, not sure why or what’s different? Think this goes into REMOTE 1

I believe the two connections coming out of the top hat go to the blue and green and yellow and purple coming out of my old fuel pump harness, tape off the rest of the wires?

Hobbs goes into REMOTE 1 and REMOTE 2, and I suppose mount it up front somewhere and run some kind of boost line to it?

Ground I’ll make sure to sand to bare metal
Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I think Hobbs is just remote 2. I can't remember, but one signal turns on pump 1, the other 2 and 3. I also spliced into the signal wires and put plugs to I can join them, that way if I want to make sure all three pumps are working I plug them up (,signal for pump.1 is tied ton2&3). Also, I use these plugs to run a hot to the battery to drain the tank. One more thing I did was tie into the pumps 2&3 positive wire, then I have an led for each of these up front. I do this to verify pumps two and three are at least getting power (I think my Hobbs is 2 or 3psi, I'll give the throttle a good blip, look for the lights, and then I am ready for wot).