FORE L2 SYSTEM VS ARCANE PERFORMANCE SYSTEM (RADIUM) .. Thoughts? Street/Strip

15Oxford5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0.
Looking for a bit of guidance here, just recently purchased a Fore L2 W/Rails Complete system brand new in box. Prior to doing my research on the setup itself. (Thinking buy once cry once motto) I've heard Fore was the best in the market. The thought of fuel starvation/heating had never crossed my mind one time until seeing the open style pumps on the Fore setup without the OEM style basket. So I began to scout the forums and it seems unless I want to fill up every 60-75 miles (E85) and enjoy driving like a grandpa there after (1/2 tank) then I am at Witt's end with this being the 'best system' to run for a mainly street car/w occasional track duty every now and then.

I also saw a bucket style setup that I could go with from Juggernaught Performance 'Arcane Performance' which uses the Radium OEM style basket to be more forgiving on the setup. Granted I wouldn't be beating on it down low at 1/4 of a tank regardless, I just don't want to worry about burning up the pumps under 1/2 tank or knowing I'm on a time clock to hurry and get fuel.

Question is do I keep this Fore setup and bite the bullet on the way the car is driven, or sell it and go with the radium setup Arcane Performance Stage 2? And being a Gen 2 I imagine I actually don't need the rails (goal is 850-875). I'd like to hear some feedback on anyone who is running either of these setups or can give light to the fueling situation on the return style setups.
Sponsored

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
I have the juggernaut system and I am extremely happy with it. Easy install and much less costly than fore. I did not want or need a fore system that was overkill for my needs/goals. Too many fore pushers, that turned me off and made me more determined to find a better suited solution.

OP
OP
15Oxford5oh

15Oxford5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0.
I have the juggernaut system and I am extremely happy with it. Easy install and much less costly than fore. I did not want or need a fore system that was overkill for my needs/goals. Too many fore pushers, that turned me off and made me more determined to find a better suited solution.
What's the setup and goals if you don't mind me asking?

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
What's the setup and goals if you don't mind me asking?
19 A10 Procharger p1x, juggernaut fuel system , fuel rails, headers, exhaust…

Car went 10:20 @139 on 93 at 10lbs boost on stock pump with booster…

now on e85. with 14-15lbs boost looking for a mid 9sec pass. We’ll see in the spring.

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Just contact @beefcake and get a Radium bucket. Thats what I did.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
I have a fore lvl2 system no complaints here. I have yet to hook up my ethanol content gauge to monitor alcohol % and fuel temps, but no issues running down to 1/4 tank and still having some fun yet. I did however pop a ringland on #7 at around 12psi due to not opening the ring gaps up. So you're at that level where you can pop the motor at any time. Now trying to figure out what shortblock to go with

OP
OP
15Oxford5oh

15Oxford5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0.
I have a fore lvl2 system no complaints here. I have yet to hook up my ethanol content gauge to monitor alcohol % and fuel temps, but no issues running down to 1/4 tank and still having some fun yet. I did however pop a ringland on #7 at around 12psi due to not opening the ring gaps up. So you're at that level where you can pop the motor at any time. Now trying to figure out what shortblock to go with
Damn sorry to hear that about the motor man, I know we play a dangerous and expensive game but that's why we do it. You had no issues on driving the car under 1/2 tank?

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
19 A10 Procharger p1x, juggernaut fuel system , fuel rails, headers, exhaust…

Car went 10:20 @139 on 93 at 10lbs boost on stock pump with booster…

now on e85. with 14-15lbs boost looking for a mid 9sec pass. We’ll see in the spring.
Are you pushing 15psi on a stock gen 3 motor?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
To be fair, the risk is low/obscure. But if you're dumping a ton of money into race car isht, then solving obscure problems makes sense (especially when one of the biggest threats to motor health is proper fuel).

The Radium bucket doesn't totally resolve the issue, as the inflow from the siphon system is very slow (although radium has various siphon nozzle options to improve it) and the bucket itself doesn't hold a great deal of fuel. But it does HELP.

There's a ton of complexities to this issue.

Other enthusiasts have OTHER concerns, and it's not just hard launches and fuel starvation. The GT350 for example is well known to fuel cut and starve on long sweeping left turns (as fuel goes up and over the hump to the passenger side) at lower fuel levels. For most guys, the turn starvation isn't a concern (on the street/strip).

If you go to trackmustangonline, there's several great threads of all manner of solutions. Hydramat, surge tanks, etc.

The reason that most aftermarket fuel setups are the way they are is a curious and interesting discussion. I think it has to do with the fact that for so many years, they were designed and sold to pretty "extreme" builds and enthusiasts. Meaning for years, anyone who was dropping the coin on big flow system really didn't care (as much) about low fuel conditions (and probably not at all about turn starvation). "Racecar." About the only concern that would come into play is the approximately 7 lbs/gallon extra weight of having to be 50 lbs of fuel or more. And if it comes down to that, theory was you should probably be running a race fuel cell.

The market provides options to resolve the issue, but many of them are additional complexities or costs. A surge tank eliminates most or all of the starvation concerns, but creates others (like cost, location of the surge tank, additional power draw of 2 series of pumps, etc).

I tried to piece together the system that would cover the most concerns and issues (and keep costs as low as possible) and have the least amount of compromises. (all while still being able to support a ishtload of power). The market just isn't (or wasn't) interested in that type of system because the number of people who concern themselves with it is admittedly, few.

But I think as the years went by and power levels grew and became common, more and more people are wanting a big hp "street" car with good manners. I want to be able to go on long trips without worry. I want to stomp whenever I want and not worry. I want to be able to turn hard, at any fuel level and not worry. Maybe those concerns are a minority or even an extreme minority. But if they ARE a concern (overstated or not) there are solutions and compared to the cost of a typical big "Fore" style system, not that much more. It does add a bit of complexity if you go all the way to putting lift pumps in the passenger side.

In the end, you'll get a lot of the usual suspects and conflicted parties say "quit worrying about it." But they aren't going to be the ones to pay for your smoked motor if it happens. And most of them just chalk it up to "racecar" when they have to fill up 4 times on a trip from Miami to Jacksonville or drive like an old woman for most of the trip cause they don't want to hurt the motor.

Sponsored

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You can't go wrong with the Arcane/Radium setup. It does what it needs to do. It's a brilliant design that just works.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you got the best system on the market tried and true for the last 15 years

install and don’t think twice!

I’ve been daily driving the systems with 700 hp to 1500 hp since 2010 zero issues

10s of thousands on the road!

Last edited:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
you got the best system on the market tried and true for the last 15 years

install and don’t think twice!

I’ve been daily driving the systems with 700 hp to 1500 hp since 2010 zero issues
90% of an redundant install, is correct installation procedures and torque on the fittings.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Damn sorry to hear that about the motor man, I know we play a dangerous and expensive game but that's why we do it. You had no issues on driving the car under 1/2 tank?
Nope
Sponsored