Sponsored

Fore duel pump with fc3 install

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I’m running dual pumps and they run all the time. This has been for over a year now. I have a gauge to monitor ethanol percentage and fuel temp. Not once has it even registered in the yellow (caution) area of the gauge and this includes road course in the summer.
Sponsored

2kblacksleeper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT
On a car that sees street it usually is not advised. Track only car, who cares.

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Anyone know why lund wants both pumps on full time? Are they just trying to eliminate a point of failure in case the hobbs switch is incorrectly installed or fails? Or is it also harder to tune since there is a fuel spike once the 2nd pump kicks on? Currently installing my fore kit and was going to stage the pumps but now following lunds recommendation to run them full time

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Anyone know why lund wants both pumps on full time? Are they just trying to eliminate a point of failure in case the hobbs switch is incorrectly installed or fails? Or is it also harder to tune since there is a fuel spike once the 2nd pump kicks on? Currently installing my fore kit and was going to stage the pumps but now following lunds recommendation to run them full time
Here is from the horses mouth Jon Jr. when I asked the cons of running both -
"No cons that I've seen. We run all of our cars with all pumps on all the time. On dual pump stuff I really don't like running one on a hobbs because in the past I've had hobbs switches fail and cause an issue with fuel pressure. A single 465 can only do so much lol. In a triple pump setup 1 on hobbs and 2 full time is ok sometimes, but at big power all 3 are needed and I just recommend doing 3 hot."
Im in the process as we speak of taking mine off the hobbs and running both full time. I am seeing spikes between 7500-8000....will see if this eliminates it.

Astrosnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT

I’m just in the process off picking out my fuel system from fore. I’ve been back and forth about the fc3 controller but this this thread definitely helps. Everyone is telling me to stage my pumps but I’m only going with a dual pump set up. Cars a 13 gt with a gen 3 12:1 aluminator and a whipple on e85.

Thoughts after having yours running both pumps for a year?

TRP45ACP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, PP1, MT82, 401A
I run mine with a hobbs tuned by lund recently without issue.
Sponsored