Sponsored

FordPass app battery warning, while hooked up to Ford Perf. battery maintainer??

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Just got a text alert that my car is going into deep sleep to preserve the battery. Its been on the Ford Performance maintainer for months without any messages until now. All of the correct lights are displayed on the charger. Any ideas what this means? If its unplugged the lights turn off so its not that. Anyone else use this charger and have any issues?
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Do you have it hooked directly to the battery?

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i don't. its connected to a bolt on the strut tower and the fuse box. its worked great so far. i actually got this alert before i ordered the maintainer, which is what motivated me to get it. its worked fine and from what i can tell kept the charge full until today when i got the message. initially i thought something got unplugged but everything is correct. maybe i should unplug it and reconnect it?

jsullboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I used the Ford Performance battery maintainer all winter without the message. I have it connected directly to the battery.

Mach1man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 2001 Bullitt Mustang 2001 GT Mustang
Don’t worry I had my battery tender hooked up just like yours. My Mach 1 slept from November till just a few weeks ago. I received the Ford warning, Zero issues on start up. I checked with a volt meter from time to time.

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I don't think the sleep warning is tied to state of the battery charge. It seems to be something in the system that tracks when the last time the car was run / driven and puts it in sleep mode to protect the battery. I highly doubt it checks the sitting voltage of the battery to determine when it goes into that mode.

I travel a lot for my job and the car regularly sits for 4 to 6 weeks and I get the warning around the same time every time.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Just got a text alert that my car is going into deep sleep to preserve the battery.
The question is, if it was because of supposedly weak battery, or simply because you clearly do not drive your car and it lost patience with you being all the time awake and hoping you may eventually show up :).

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thank you everyone. I won’t worry about it. Funny that it took this long for the app to send that message.

So, no issues connecting to the fuse box pos line ?
Nope. Everything is as solid as the day I installed it.

The question is, if it was because of supposedly weak battery, or simply because you clearly do not drive your car and it lost patience with you being all the time awake and hoping you may eventually show up :).
It’s not like I don’t give her attention! I strip down, lather up in carnauba wax and slide all over the hood. It keeps our relationship strong during the winter months when we can’t go out in public :cwl:

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
thank you everyone. I won’t worry about it. Funny that it took this long for the app to send that message.

Nope. Everything is as solid as the day I installed it.

It’s not like I don’t give her attention! I strip down, lather up in carnauba wax and slide all over the hood. It keeps our relationship strong during the winter months when we can’t go out in public :cwl:
I don't think there is a tech help line for that, but I can give you the # for a good therapist.... :crackup:

Sponsored

CYBERDIM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
So, just like everyone on this topic I struggled with “deep sleep” issue and try to fix it and identify the causes. I tried every suggestion and findings, removing cameras, radars, lighter chargers even replace the battery twice... but the deep sleep issue always came back. But last night, my son found something that is so obvious, and, in our face, it made me laugh and cry! The answer is in the user manual!!:

My Mach 1 is automatic transmission. It was a show room car, and the battery was removed when it was on display. Of course, the dealer did not followed the proper procedure. I have been struggling with not only the “deep sleep” issue, as well as erratic transmission behaviors. Literally what the user manual is talking about. After a master reset, disconnecting the battery and a full charge over night, I followed the instructions carefully for “battery reset” and all fine now. I will continue to monitor the situation but looks very promising so far. The article also explains the noise we hear from the car when it is parked, why and how to fix it as well (towards the bottom, read the link named “Power Windows”) I hope this helps others also:

Maintenance - Changing the 12V Battery (fordservicecontent.com)

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I’m trying to drive my Mach 1every weekend for a couple of reasons. One I love it and two I’m afraid of the deep sleep mode. If I don’t drive this car for say three weeks in a row am I going to get that message after two weeks and will it start after three weeks. I park in an underground garage so I can’t plug in any trickle charger or anything like that.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I’m trying to drive my Mach 1every weekend for a couple of reasons. One I love it and two I’m afraid of the deep sleep mode. If I don’t drive this car for say three weeks in a row am I going to get that message after two weeks and will it start after three weeks. I park in an underground garage so I can’t plug in any trickle charger or anything like that.
I am definitely not trying to intervene on your healthy routine :), but concerning the deep sleep, I would not worry much. I am in the same boat, parking in the underground parking in the apartment building and had the car sitting there sometimes longer than month. If it gets into the deep sleep then after the wake up needs some driving to recharge the battery (to not shut itself down at every opportunity to conserve the juice), but if you can do that, I believe you will be fine.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I have a like setup: a Ford Performance tender, connected to fuse box and strut tower.

Connecting, I'm at tender state 7 within 24 hours. I reach tender state 8 in two to three weeks.

Not to the moment, but around the time I reach state 8, I'm in Deep Sleep mode. When in state 8 and Deep Sleep, everything appears normal.

I first reached Deep Sleep after putting the car into Winter storage.

To exit Deep Sleep, I unlocked the car, opened and closed the door. Five minutes later, I locked the door. All this while still on the tender. The app later confirmed I was no longer in Deep Sleep.

Eventually, I went back into state 8 and Deep Sleep. The car stayed in these states for the remainder of Winter storage. Upon Spring start, I had zero issues of any kind.

Last edited:

WW2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium 401A
I have 22 GT Premium 401 A. I use a tender normally if I know the car will be parked more than a week. It ALWAYS goes into deep sleep at 14 days since last start. This is programmed in the BMS configuration, so there are other factors other than just battery charge/condition. Not really crazy about this, but its no big deal.....

I had a 18 EB Premium, it did NOT do this...progress I guess...not
Sponsored