Sponsored

Ford Racing short throw shifter

Walt1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 50th Anniversary
This is my first mustang that i bought brand new, so im trying to not screw with anything that could mess with the warranty on the transmission until I know they're are no issues that develop like the 11's.

The only reason I considered this one over MGW is that it has a warranty if installed at a dealer. However the fine print regarding the warranty says that FRPP stuff are not genuine ford parts and im worried it would void the warranty on the rest of the trans if something happened. (Although it would also depend how cool your dealer is, im trying to not take chances though)

"All Ford Racing Parts are aftermarket parts. Ford Racing Parts are not Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories. Therefore, they may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories."

Now that I know that, I cant even see the benefit of going with the FRPP short throw over MGW or Barton. Kind of a bummer to me honestly, glad I didnt pull the trigger too early
Sponsored

woffordk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2 w/ Roush Supercharger
Vehicle Showcase
Let me see if this better...

FYI, you're missing a piece. There are supposed to be 2 of those larger metal bushings. I also ordered mine from CJP and was missing the second bushing. I call Ford Racing and they shipped one right out for me.

woffordk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't installed yet. Hope to get to it this week though.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
FYI, you're missing a piece. There are supposed to be 2 of those larger metal bushings. I also ordered mine from CJP and was missing the second bushing. I call Ford Racing and they shipped one right out for me.
Mine is missing the second bushing too. I'm probably going to return mine though and get a different shifter.

Sponsored

MJS-P51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic Metallic

Yup, thanks I noticed the same when I looked up the install instructions from the SVT site. I called CJ's who then brought it to Ford's attention. I just made the call on Friday so i'm not sure when i'll get it. Seems like it's happenning to all of us....

woffordk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update: I installed the shifter yesterday. It was a complete SOB to install. 6 hours on my back in the driveway. I'll say this, if you have the skill set to drop the driveshaft like they recommend, do it. That would have made my life a LOT easier.

I only got to drive about 5 miles, but it's definitely a much shorter and tighter shift now. I did note a little more noise coming into the cabin, but I've gotta go back and double check the inner boot and make sure I got it nice and snug.

MJS-P51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic Metallic
Update: I installed the shifter yesterday. It was a complete SOB to install. 6 hours on my back in the driveway. I'll say this, if you have the skill set to drop the driveshaft like they recommend, do it. That would have made my life a LOT easier.

I only got to drive about 5 miles, but it's definitely a much shorter and tighter shift now. I did note a little more noise coming into the cabin, but I've gotta go back and double check the inner boot and make sure I got it nice and snug.
Thanks for the feedback! That's unfortunate that it was such a bitch to install....it's indeed why I am going to have a shop install mine. This seems WAY out of my wheel house!

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby GT 5.0 Premium Fastback
This shifter kit sounds interesting, I have a CJJP 50th Anniv shift knob arriving this week but always liked the feel of a SS kit installed in a sports car. Shifter feels great now w the tune installed so who knows.

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Do you think the added noise in the cabin is due to the aluminum bushings replacing the stock rubber ones?

I did note a little more noise coming into the cabin, but I've gotta go back and double check the inner boot and make sure I got it nice and snug.
Sponsored