WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
With the restrictor plates out, this setup has a lot of rasp, crackling and popping, which I love the sound of. The cool thing is if you get tired of it you can tame it down with different diameter restrictor plates. Going on a trip with the wife, install block plates, going to a track day or dragstrip, remove the plates/restrictors. It doesn't take but a few minutes to change the plates/restrictors. With most catbacks, what you sound you got is what you got, can't change it unless you have active exhaust, and I can't afford that.
Sponsored

ForeverMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang GT
Would there be any drawbacks like hp/torque loss or changes to the back presssure resulting from installing this with some baffles in place to tame the sound just a bit? I know that the Boss had them, but that car was also designed that way. I feel like it might be a little over-the-top for me with the S-types I already have, but it might sound awesome with just a bit of additional sound from the side pipes. I'd also really like to hear this with the FRPP Touring mufflers.

I'd still rather buy one used, though. A grand is hard to swallow for a mid pipe...
Don't look at it as a grand for a midpipe, look at it as a grand for a 2-way exhaust, which makes is look like a deal more than anything.

ForeverMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang GT
Stock mufflers will rasp with a h-pipe too if you remove the cats. Same with the Corsas when under WOT acceleration. The x-pipe isn't the cause, it is the increase in overall volume of the exhaust. I too have done back-to-back-to-back-to-back x-pipe vs. h-pipe setups on my personal 2011 5.0, first with factory headers/cats and again with longtube headers. The worst rasp was of course with the headers but even after switching to a custom made h-pipe(not available with the headers) it still had a ton of rasp. I had to install mid-mufflers to cut down the rasp.
Any exhaust system can rasp, but X-pipes and headers bring on that raspiness more easily. Adding an X-pipe while holding all else constant will increase rasp and adding headers while holding all things constant will increase rasp. An H-pipe with headers will rasp, but more from the headers than H-pipe. Your comparison didn't hold other variables constant when switching to the H-pipe so you can't conclude from your experience that H-pipes cause raspiness.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Any exhaust system can rasp, but X-pipes and headers bring on that raspiness more easily. Adding an X-pipe while holding all else constant will increase rasp and adding headers while holding all things constant will increase rasp. An H-pipe with headers will rasp, but more from the headers than H-pipe. Your comparison didn't hold other variables constant when switching to the H-pipe so you can't conclude from your experience that H-pipes cause raspiness.

I never said h-pipes cause rasp, only that x-pipes no not cause rasp.

silver.gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver gt
Okay let all just agree to disagree on what causes the raspyness in the system, lets just call it like it is you will get a higher pitch sound from and x pipe than from an h pipe. In my opinion this midpipe being x with side pipes for my is very high pitch at high rpms, when, I installed the 3/4" baffle plates it toned it down a little. Here is the link to a video of my car before the plates with stock mufflers only mod at the time was steeda cai w/restriction.
[ame]

Sponsored

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Silver.gt-do you have any videos after you installed the baffles?

OP
OP
WKT

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
Okay let all just agree to disagree on what causes the raspyness in the system, lets just call it like it is you will get a higher pitch sound from and x pipe than from an h pipe. In my opinion this midpipe being x with side pipes for my is very high pitch at high rpms, when, I installed the 3/4" baffle plates it toned it down a little. Here is the link to a video of my car before the plates with stock mufflers only mod at the time was steeda cai w/restriction.
Thanks silver.gt
Man, I love the way it sounds! :headbang:
Do you have any more vids?

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Holly shit. This sounds amazing. More videos please, including startup, interior and with baffles! Been toying with this Vs MBRP Street and Corsa Extreme. This is WOW!

silver.gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver gt
I'll try to make another one the only thing it's not going to be apples to apples I change my phone lol so the sound might vary and now I have a tune and the steed is w/o the restriction. I should have made a video just after adding the 3/4 but didn't. All in all with the 3/4 plates and my current setup it's still loud just not as high pitch IMO, I'll try to make an other video.
Another thing how can you upload a video here w/o having to upload it to youtube and then putting the link.

Sponsored

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Silver.gt do you still have the stock mufflers? I'd love to see more videos even if it's not an apples to apples comparison. The more everyone can see about this exhaust, the better.

watchdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp premium
And how much do you like it after having it awhile? I have friend with boss 302 and think it has the perfect exhaust stock

watchdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp premium
On sale at CJ pony.Hmm thinking hard about this option and then adding axle backs at a later time.

silver.gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver gt
How can I post the video that I took with out have to uploaded it to youtube?
Sponsored