Ford Racing Long Tubes???

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Sucks that your warranty is out the door with headers. I want them but wont get them for that reason
Technically, your warranty is NOT out the door with headers if you do not tune the car.
Sponsored

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Technically, your warranty is NOT out the door with headers if you do not tune the car.
But isn't a tune required with headers? Any adverse effects of not tuning the car after installing headers? I want to invest in some ARH or Texas Speed headers but voiding my warranty by tuning is holding me back.

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
But isn't a tune required with headers? Any adverse effects of not tuning the car after installing headers? I want to invest in some ARH or Texas Speed headers but voiding my warranty by tuning is holding me back.
1) You will not see full benefit of the headers without a tune ie. VCT changes to take advantage of the scavenging.

2) Your CEL will more than likely be illuminated full time with cat efficiency codes.

Other than that, you can run headers on the stock tune. I did myself while I was waiting for my programmer and tune to come in (100% serious).

OP
OP

JC'sGT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT, PP
Derek, how does the car run with headers and no tune?

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Derek, how does the car run with headers and no tune?
I was told that, technically you can not get a tune with headers, the car will run like shit. Now I'm confused on what to do.
Sponsored