NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I can't tell you how many times warranty repairs have been covered on my car, despite the obvious mods.

Don't worry about it.

First, there's almost 0 chance that the Power Pack will cause any failures. Second, any dealership doesn't really care about your mods, unless it's blatantly obvious that they caused the failure. They want to get paid by Ford for the warranty work, they're motivated to ignore mods and just do the work.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I basically go by this direct statement from FP.

"Installation of these select Ford Performance and mountune warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty.Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance or mountune parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty."
Basically what it's saying is that the power pack in itself will not affect your existing warranty, and if it's found that they did not cause any of the issues then the parts will still be warranted as usual. The only time that this might be an issue is when/if Ford or the dealer can prove that the powerpack parts did have a direct connection with a certain failure.

I've had a few small things fixed under warranty on the car and the dealer never mentioned or questioned the pretty obvious engine modification (bright yellow GT350 CAI). Could it be because the issues were small? I'm not sure, but so far I've been ok with warranty work and the power pack.

OP
OP

soodsuhail88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I can't tell you how many times warranty repairs have been covered on my car, despite the obvious mods.

Don't worry about it.

First, there's almost 0 chance that the Power Pack will cause any failures. Second, any dealership doesn't really care about your mods, unless it's blatantly obvious that they caused the failure. They want to get paid by Ford for the warranty work, they're motivated to ignore mods and just do the work.

The dealers are a pain in the ass. I'll talk to my preferred dealership just to be on the safe side but knowing how annoying it can be, I don't want to be stuck in a rut. It's a highway cruiser but still needs help breathing better. Feels sloppy on some occasions.

I finally got the answer from a knowledgeable Ford warranty dude - it will void the warranty for repair work to engine, transmission, driveline from software changes including but not limited to ford racing parts.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I finally got the answer from a knowledgeable Ford warranty dude - it will void the warranty for repair work to engine, transmission, driveline from software changes including but not limited to ford racing parts.
So it's 100% voided, or just claims for those 3 specific items will be denied?

And that means that the FP wording is a lie then, as it says their tune will not void the NVW.

OP
OP

soodsuhail88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
So it's 100% voided, or just claims for those 3 specific items will be denied?

And that means that the FP wording is a lie then, as it says their tune will not void the NVW.
This is for ESP plans - it will void the warranty for repair work to engine, transmission, driveline from software changes including but not limited to ford racing parts.
Sponsored