Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Don't say that! You'll make me sad

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
I realise there is little sense to it but only supercharger power will satisfy my pub bragging rights lust for power,the 50-60 bhp on offer will still not be enough for me (having recorded a rather average best of 13.34 at Long Marston last week) ,so I will put the money towards the blower ,subject to wife allowing,and sod the warranty.Just hope I don't regret those words.......

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I realise there is little sense to it but only supercharger power will satisfy my pub bragging rights lust for power,the 50-60 bhp on offer will still not be enough for me (having recorded a rather average best of 13.34 at Long Marston last week) ,so I will put the money towards the blower ,subject to wife allowing,and sod the warranty.Just hope I don't regret those words.......
Snap. I've put all mod plans on hold. Not doing exhaust
Either until I can do blower with matching 1 3/4 long tubes

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Snap. I've put all mod plans on hold. Not doing exhaust
Either until I can do blower with matching 1 3/4 long tubes
Out of curiosity, why 1 3/4 and not 1 7/8 ?

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity, why 1 3/4 and not 1 7/8 ?
Way I figure it the 1 3/4 works na and boosted up to moderate levels. I need a daily driver with some degree of practicality. I don't plan to boost beyond what you get out of the box with a whipple so I will never see north of 650 ish as I don't want to have to start replacing cranks and con rods etc.

Using the smaller tube diameter should mean it's easier to work round the steering column. Bigger tubes will mean it can suck it's own exhaust gas back in unless your gas flow is high enough to scavenge the headers.... With long tubes don't forget. That means that it could be horrible to drive at low revs so not a great daily.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
For the money Stage 1 will suit me.

I think the extra torque at low revs will massively improve how the car feels in everyday driving and the hp at high revs is scary enough for me at stock!

Bronzetooth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I thinking going to continue with my own plan and route to more power, firstly by squeezing what I can out of it prior to maybe a year or so down the line considering supercharging, again I'll research and take my own route.

However I do applaud Ford for offering these packs for those that want an easier road to more power without the need to dirty hands and keep warranty intact :clap2:

OP
OP
Entick

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
Has anyone heard anything on when these will be available in the UK? None of the dealers I have spoken to know anything.

Can someone tag Andy Barratt in this (I don't know how to tag people!)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone heard anything on when these will be available in the UK? None of the dealers I have spoken to know anything.

Can someone tag Andy Barratt in this (I don't know how to tag people!)
It's @ then their username
[MENTION=18365]Andy Barratt[/MENTION] -> Ford Powerpacks in the UK any idea of an ETC

I think Pierre from ford maybe a shout as he heads up most of the mustang stuff on that front, can drop him an email if people want it when I'm off work?

(even with tags, andy rarely replies! Who knows If he see's them?!)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Entick

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
[MENTION=18365]Andy Barratt[/MENTION] -> Ford Powerpacks in the UK any idea of an ETC

I think Pierre from ford maybe a shout as he heads up most of the mustang stuff on that front, can drop him an email if people want it when I'm off work?

Thanks - would be great if you can ask Pierre when you get a chance - I'm keen to get this before the good weather disappears...!

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT

Please do Manders. The fact it is deathly quiet here around the power packs is a bit infuriating considering It's meant to be a global car.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Right, shall do when I get home... Might be able to find his email on my phone... will check!

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
He's probably sticking two fingers up at us lot now as we've been moaning about the underseal issue.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
He's probably sticking two fingers up at us lot now as we've been moaning about the underseal issue.
Probably should be thanking us for not taking the raft of issues further and thus tarnishing the reputation of an otherwise stunning car.

In other news, I've emailed Pierre, I'll be back (here) with an update as and when he gets back to me :D

My email is below:

"Good Afternoon Pierre,

Seems like a while since I last emailed you - and since i've got my car, it's spectacular, and the missing gauges, really don't bother me all that much anymore!

I was just wondering if you have an information including estimated arrivals for Stage 1, 2 & 3 ford performance powerpacks in the United Kingdom. And also if they will be coming to Ecoboost models?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Kind Regards,
Steve
"
Sponsored