Sponsored

Ford Performance X-pipe

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Anyone running this one with the active exhaust on a v8 18-now s550?

If so, how does it stack against the Steeda one with active exhaust?

I did a search for it, and most of the post are for the static exhaust or x-pipe sales.
Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Not sure what "stack against" is exactly, but before and after install dyno pulls showed zero change in power on my car.

OP
OP
Bear_Stang

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Not sure what "stack against" is exactly, but before and after install dyno pulls showed zero change in power on my car.
Sorry about the colloquialism. I was asking about the sound quality. I would expect the ford product to offer a slightly deeper tone, but the steeda one gets a lot of praise in the bullitt sub-forum.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Fords pipes align perfectly on the x, steeda’s do not. I’m not sure how that would alter sound, but it seems reasonable to me to expect a slight difference ?

I’ve no dog in the fight - I’ve opted for a steeda H :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bear_Stang

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put the question out to the forum because my installer noted there might be a noticeable difference in sound quality. I was hoping to get a better ideal before spending 120 bucks more for the ford product.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
its an x pipe. I wouldn't spend $120 more personally.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I put the question out to the forum because my installer noted there might be a noticeable difference in sound quality. I was hoping to get a better ideal before spending 120 bucks more for the ford product.
Between Ford and other offerings, sound will be the same. Material quality may vary between manufacturers, but they will all sound the same.

Sound will vary with a change in design or diameter. If you went to a 3” system it would sound deeper and something like Corsa’s double helix X may have a slightly different tone due to design.

If I were doing only an X pipe addition, I would be spending as little as possible.

Hope this helps.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I have the M-5251-M8, it is of good quality as far as exhaust components go, and it was a piece of cake to install. Found a new one on ebay a while back for $180. It was a little louder, but not enough. Ended up adding some Borla S-type AB's. That combo was the sound I was looking for.

From one make of x-pipe to another, I can't imagine there would be a difference in sound. An H-pipe would be another matter.
Sponsored