Sponsored

Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace - Does It Clear Hood Pad?

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
I really searched guys...but my OCD wonders....I assume the Ford Performance Hood Strut Brace clears the hood and pad? Seems very close...
Sponsored

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Clears the hood as in it's not so tall it keeps the hood from closing? Yes it does.
Don't know what pad you're talking about though.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but itā€™s close.

RHD cars donā€™t get the strut brace and due to the RHD bulkhead brace, they need a spacer (8mm) to go under the brace.

Based on the 350 brace ā€˜someā€™ (I guess due to tolerances) cars will start to rub the colour off the brace plaque.

I bought a second hand 350 brace that had started to do this :

1665298222932.jpeg

Iā€™ve since seen other RHD cars that have done the same.

I refurbished the brace, ground it so I didnā€™t need the RHD spacers, sourced a perfect replacement badge (thanks @HoosierDaddy) and itā€™s been fine since.

1665298456921.jpeg

So if 8mm is the tipping point for some RHD cars, a typical USDM car should have 8mm (or more) clearance over a 350 brace before it starts to contact the hood blanket / pad :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Yes, but itā€™s close.

RHD cars donā€™t get the strut brace and due to the RHD bulkhead brace, they need a spacer (8mm) to go under the brace.

Based on the 350 brace ā€˜someā€™ (I guess due to tolerances) cars will start to rub the colour off the brace plaque.

I bought a second hand 350 brace that had started to do this :

1665298222932.jpeg

Iā€™ve since seen other RHD cars that have done the same.

I refurbished the brace, ground it so I didnā€™t need the RHD spacers, sourced a perfect replacement badge (thanks @HoosierDaddy) and itā€™s been fine since.

1665298456921.jpeg

So if 8mm is the tipping point for some RHD cars, a typical USDM car should have 8mm (or more) clearance over a 350 brace before it starts to contact the hood blanket / pad :like:

WD :like:
Clears the hood as in it's not so tall it keeps the hood from closing? Yes it does.
Don't know what pad you're talking about though.
The hood insulation pad and hood were my questions.

Thanks to both!
Sponsored