Ford Performance Street Handling pack experience

Donm308

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Convertible
Anyone have any experience with the Ford performance Street handling pack? I’m interested in installing it on my S550 GT convertible, however American muscle shows it’s for fastback units only. They also state in their Q&A section that it does not fit convertibles due too different weight distribution between the models.

That being said, performanceparts.ford.com Shows it fits both fastback and convertibles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
get the Track dampers instead. The Street Handling pack is an embarrassment.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-FR3A-M8A

But you're far better off getting BMR SP080 (or 83) or Steeda's 200/800 min-drop spring set and Bilstein dampers.

Last edited:

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Link?

OP
OP
Donm308

Donm308

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
thanks! Not sure what to do and looking for options.
Call them. Tell them what your objectives are. They sell both FP and Steeda. They will give your honest options. Use their knowledge instead of trying to figure it out on your own.

Sponsored

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
The FP Street handling comes with progressive rate springs, it takes the base to PP1 level type suspension feel. It drops the front and rear nearly "1. This kit can be installed by yourself, I recommend getting a buddy, the front ARB is a complete PITA. I managed to get it installed, with help. The FP Track handling package, drops the ride height almost "2 front and rear, and come with linear springs. If you do not plan the track it, those linear springs will likely hurt, a lot. Both were designed for the s550 chassis, however... I was under the impression the verts were not compatible, but if FP has them listed, go with what FP has published.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
just looking to improve the handling.
you should scare up some nearby owners who have done various suspension mods and see if they are your cup of tea. Pretty much any mod (with possible exception of the FP track dampers) is going to result in you feeling the road better. If you're looking for 'caddy' ride where you have no idea what the tires are doing, most of the aftermarket solutions are likely to bother you.

More than 1" drop is not a great idea. 2" drop is very much not advised unless you REALLY want to go there and you'll want to fix all the camber and roll-center problems such a setup introduces.

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Since American Muscle messed up my order, I had the FP Strut tower brace on before the Street suspension arrived. The brace alone tightened up steering. But once the suspension was installed, that highway braking where the front felt like it was rolling all over gods' creation came to an end. I also took it to the track, after realising progressive rates are ok, it takes a bit to get the suspension has set to corner. the cost of the street pack had me sold, in my area the roads are incredibly bad, so the stiffer linear springs was positively not in my plans.

OP
OP
Donm308

Donm308

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
you should scare up some nearby owners who have done various suspension mods and see if they are your cup of tea. Pretty much any mod (with possible exception of the FP track dampers) is going to result in you feeling the road better. If you're looking for 'caddy' ride where you have no idea what the tires are doing, most of the aftermarket solutions are likely to bother you.

More than 1" drop is not a great idea. 2" drop is very much not advised unless you REALLY want to go there and you'll want to fix all the camber and roll-center problems such a setup introduces.
Certainly not looking for “caddy” ride. Looking to tighten it up and have it handle a little better and a little more aggressively. I honestly at first didn’t think I’d touch the suspension, but now considering it. Want something to compliment other mods.
- Borla cat-back
- FP power pack 2
- larger tires

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Get the Track pack, rides amazingly as a daily driver
Sponsored