Ford Pass giving away free oil service to essential workers

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Just as I stated, if you have an active Ford Pass account and can show that you are an essential worker you can get a free "The Works" service.
I know a lot of you do your own oil changes, but busy geezers like me let my dealer do it and after 18K miles I have yet to pay for oil service, which I have done every 5K miles. Watch your email account for the offer. Other than using 4 vacation days to visit my dying father, I haven't missed a day of work this year.
Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yes I’m essential and I am going to be take them up on that offer.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing draws flies like the word free

WetDuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Hmm sounds great but I will do my own with Amsoil 15/50 - it’s a Shelby after all ...

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Its sorta funny in a way not haha but. They pretty much list everyone who has a job and didn't loss theirs(except restaurant workers but even then) and still got a paycheck To get a FREE oil change. But the people who got fired and laid off and students who got kicked to the curb and have money issues well... na no free change for you its only for people with money. interesting.

Sponsored

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I wonder how much the surcharge will be for synthetic.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hmm sounds great but I will do my own with Amsoil 15/50 - it’s a Shelby after all ...
The techs may damage it when they change the oil, it’s a mustang after all...

Its sorta funny in a way not haha but. They pretty much list everyone who has a job and didn't loss theirs(except restaurant workers but even then) and still got a paycheck To get a FREE oil change. But the people who got fired and laid off and students who got kicked to the curb and have money issues well... na no free change for you its only for people with money. interesting.
I don’t think they are looking at it from a money perspective, 1) the front lines are more at risk because they are typically interacting with people. They are not isolated at home so to speak. 2) Most of the people who are at home are working from home and typically those that can work from home hold more lucrative remote positions.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Damn... and I just changed my oil and filter this weekend.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I wonder how much the surcharge will be for synthetic.
Apparently there's a surcharge just for having a Mustang. The fine print says it only covers up to 6 quarts of oil for free. So that's 4 on your dime. I mean it's still better than nothing and I appreciate that they're doing it, but still.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Being in the Healthcare industry it's nice to see companies giving back to their communities. I know several restaurants that were giving thank you meals. This is the first oil change service I've seen and it is a nice gesture. Unfortunately, I've seen way too many accidents happen to let ANYONE else but me change the oil.

Usually the old adage if you want it done right, do it yourself holds true.

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I do my own... Its probably implies to "essentially" everyone that was able to make their payments on time through everything. LOL....

OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
As an essential worker, I appreciate the gesture from Ford. I understand those that want to do their own, I used to, but the fact that my dealer is awesome, and the fact that I have an I-4 there's less to screw up. I do however, remind my service writer that there are no scratches or dings and I expect to get it back that way. Yes I look when it comes out. I also mark my rims to make sure the rotation was done. Never had an issue but my dealer knows me, my cars, and where I work.

I'm not a medical worker, or first responder, but make no mistake my job takes me to the same places. Yesterday, I was in 2 different hospitals and one nursing home, for work. As a lot of people were either forced home out of work or working from home from March through April, and into May, I was in danger every day. While my pay remained the same, it didn't feel like it was enough to justify the risk. I was offered CARE pay because of my age and could have stayed home paid for 8 weeks but refused to let my team down. I don't want a participation trophy, but some appreciation for staying on the front line is well received. Early on, I even shared my mask allowance with others not so lucky. Believe me when I say that this has not been a cake walk by any means.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Apparently there's a surcharge just for having a Mustang. The fine print says it only covers up to 6 quarts of oil for free. So that's 4 on your dime. I mean it's still better than nothing and I appreciate that they're doing it, but still.

Ugh. I used the last of my FordPass points last month on an oil change and tire rotation.

I think the bill without the points would have been 260 dollars which I found hilariously absurd.

I don't know why people go to the dealer for oil changes when they charge that much.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
As an essential worker, I appreciate the gesture from Ford. I understand those that want to do their own, I used to, but the fact that my dealer is awesome, and the fact that I have an I-4 there's less to screw up. I do however, remind my service writer that there are no scratches or dings and I expect to get it back that way. Yes I look when it comes out. I also mark my rims to make sure the rotation was done. Never had an issue but my dealer knows me, my cars, and where I work.

I'm not a medical worker, or first responder, but make no mistake my job takes me to the same places. Yesterday, I was in 2 different hospitals and one nursing home, for work. As a lot of people were either forced home out of work or working from home from March through April, and into May, I was in danger every day. While my pay remained the same, it didn't feel like it was enough to justify the risk. I was offered CARE pay because of my age and could have stayed home paid for 8 weeks but refused to let my team down. I don't want a participation trophy, but some appreciation for staying on the front line is well received. Early on, I even shared my mask allowance with others not so lucky. Believe me when I say that this has not been a cake walk by any means.
good you didn’t let the team down.
I was paid a nice sum to work extra and given a week off every other week.
Sponsored