OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I didnt notice anything in the oil when i drained it. I tried to retrieve the old filter but the trash wash already taken out at my buddies shop by the time i gave it thought on the old filter. To be honest this car is far from a daily driver and getting put away for the winter shortly. I have an appointment thursday at 10:30. Definitely getting it fixed. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. I am curious by what you mean integrity to the car though
Once the factory portions of a car are disturbed, it's practically impossible to put it back together with the same degree of precision. Essentially if you put a longblock in this car, you may not have any more issues for a long time. But the cleanliness and perfect of factory assembled harness, clips, and tabs will all be bent/stretched/mangled from being taken off and put back on a million times.

Just something to keep in mind. These techs are paid on production. It's not as if you or I did it. We would be slower to remove a motor. Most techs run thru it.

5.0GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Agreed...hence my apprehension in having the dealer try and guess what the issue is. The back and forth was mainly a hassle when dealing with the corporate rep. We could not even get pass my suggestion with trying 5w-30 on the car without corporate telling me flat out warranty will be void if that is done.

I'll be doing a OA on this next oil change and hopefully get the dealer to save me the oil filter. Curious to see what I have...I think it'll be fine but I still want to know.

Thanks for your time! :cheers:

Let us know what the oil analysis results are. I'm curious!

Thanks

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
with a username like that, i'd be ignorant not to follow your brilliant mind:D
Lol...not too many people get the user name. Been using it for as long as I can remember. Most of what you see if you GoogleFU the user name is indeed me.

Even the CA DMV missed it for 12 years. :ninja:

Sorry, didn't mean to sidetrack thread.

Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Agreed...hence my apprehension in having the dealer try and guess what the issue is. The back and forth was mainly a hassle when dealing with the corporate rep. We could not even get pass my suggestion with trying 5w-30 on the car without corporate telling me flat out warranty will be void if that is done.

I'll be doing a OA on this next oil change and hopefully get the dealer to save me the oil filter. Curious to see what I have...I think it'll be fine but I still want to know.

Thanks for your time! :cheers:
5w30 is what spec'd in in the euro engines. Thats a load of horse shit. The motor ours is copied from used 5w50. Youd know it as a 302 boss. Dealers have suggested in different climates to use different weights.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
5w30 is what spec'd in in the euro engines. Thats a load of horse shit. The motor ours is copied from used 5w50. Youd know it as a 302 boss. Dealers have suggested in different climates to use different weights.
I agree 110%, our TT EXSport runs 5w30 and pretty much on every EB motor Ford produces. If its good enough for the EB, should be no issues running it on the 5.0. I tried to reason with the Fordservice CSM but the guy was just an obtrusive stubborn prick...period. When I posted in one of the BBQ threads (Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls sub-forums) about how I felt being told that load of BS, I was "informed" (chastised really) by some dimwit know-it-all FordTech wanna-be that I was a clueless looney-toon. :tsk: Dealership was game to that idea and said the same thing to me...no issues running 5w-30. They however would not be able to override corporate if indeed my warranty got voided. CSM was adamant he will do that if we tried 5w-30.

Last edited:

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
If I had seen this thread last year, it is very likely a Camaro would be in my driveway. This is unacceptable for a 40k automobile. No wonder CR bags on this car...yet some try to excuse it. I took mine in today to have them look at a poorly cut rubber door seal. We walked around the lot looking at others only to find that mine was far from the worst. Sloppy...I would be ashamed as a worker to put that crap on a car I had a part in building. The other issue I think I have is the 50 to 60 mph driveline vibration. It is not terrible, but I am not sure if they will actually make it better or worse. This thread has depressed me...I might go test drive a camaro...not even kidding.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Once the factory portions of a car are disturbed, it's practically impossible to put it back together with the same degree of precision. Essentially if you put a longblock in this car, you may not have any more issues for a long time. But the cleanliness and perfect of factory assembled harness, clips, and tabs will all be bent/stretched/mangled from being taken off and put back on a million times.

Just something to keep in mind. These techs are paid on production. It's not as if you or I did it. We would be slower to remove a motor. Most techs run thru it.
I have to say thats sad if techs arent putting it back together nicely. Ive been a master tech in the industry for over 3 decades and i never treated anyones car in such a manner. Even when i did for example 50hr book time jobs in 25hrs etc. I still manage roughly 120+ book time hours a week. I never rip peoples vehicles apart especially during engine removals and reinstalled . :( i was at ford for almost 10 years.

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
If I had seen this thread last year, it is very likely a Camaro would be in my driveway. This is unacceptable for a 40k automobile. No wonder CR bags on this car...yet some try to excuse it. I took mine in today to have them look at a poorly cut rubber door seal. We walked around the lot looking at others only to find that mine was far from the worst. Sloppy...I would be ashamed as a worker to put that crap on a car I had a part in building. The other issue I think I have is the 50 to 60 mph driveline vibration. It is not terrible, but I am not sure if they will actually make it better or worse. This thread has depressed me...I might go test drive a camaro...not even kidding.
Its a mass produced car. The camaro will be the same. I paid $31k for performance and the coyote 5.0 and I knew that going in. So the rattles, the misalignments, the notchy manual were all voided before driving off the lot. Having said that I would never pay $40k+ for this car.

fordmustanglove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang GT
Its a mass produced car. The camaro will be the same. I paid $31k for performance and the coyote 5.0 and I knew that going in. So the rattles, the misalignments, the notchy manual were all voided before driving off the lot. Having said that I would never pay $40k+ for this car.
I did a lot of research before I got my 2015 gt, i knew going in there will be issues. Eh, if it gets really bad i may buy the extended warranty . Also ,yes i too would never pay 40 k for a mustang

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Silly me, thought they might try a little harder on QC on their flagship car. At least that is how they talk about it on numerous videos... Mustang is special...etc. empty words apparently. I understand mass produced versus say a Lamborghini, but you are telling me that the Mustang production line can't see when a hood is obviously misaligned or a door seal is obviously miscut? That is pretty poor...have some pride. Wish I had looked closer at mine...probably would have refused delivery until the door seal was fixed out of principle.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I guess. Like Chevy messing up the clear coat in paint on some camaros. The seats not going back after reclining forward, the lt1's burning large amounts of oil, the a8 trans eating itself, and their own fitment, rattle, and squeak issues. Every single car produced has its own set of issues.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Silly me, thought they might try a little harder on QC on their flagship car. At least that is how they talk about it on numerous videos... Mustang is special...etc. empty words apparently. I understand mass produced versus say a Lamborghini, but you are telling me that the Mustang production line can't see when a hood is obviously misaligned or a door seal is obviously miscut? That is pretty poor...have some pride. Wish I had looked closer at mine...probably would have refused delivery until the door seal was fixed out of principle.
I would struggle to call this car a flagship. The Shelby possibly. The Ford GT- Definitely. But your averaged mass produced Mustang, GT or not, will only get so much attention on the line. The 2017's have proven to be a much better built car with less issues. The 2016's were a good deal better than the 15's, and so on.

In reference to everyone being concerned with my note about the integrity of the car post motor swap, I've done motor swaps myself on my own vehicles. I've taken a year to do it. I did it right. No matter what you do, there will be a degree of integrity lost to the simple fact of mass removal and replacement. Not knocking the average Ford Tech, but I've seen what service managers, Ford, and dealers demand of them. They aren't necessarily told to take their time..
Sponsored