Sponsored

Ford is now referring to he Mach-e as "The Mustang" in its ads.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Tried to find the ad on youtube but Today was first time I saw it on TV and then seen it several times. They dont even show the mustang as we know it they only show the Mach-E and refer to it as the mustang. They say something along the lines of we improved the mustang and gave it.... then show the Mach -E. They dont mention Mach-e anywhere in the ad just "The Mustang"

I know in other posts people have said the next mustang as we know it will likely be a 8 year model. If the Mach-e takes off and since the Mustang is Fords last car they are making (fusion is on way out next year). How long till the Mustang we know and love is gone? I know this topic has been covered several times to a degree but seeing that ad today sorta made it real that the time is closer then any of us wants to admit. I have a feeling the s650 will be the last Car type mustang we see. I mean if Ford themselves are now publicly calling the Mach-e "the mustang" in their ads, it wont be long I feel. I was on fence about weather I would buy a s650 but I think I just might and enjoy the last ride.
Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I can see Ford doing away with the Ecoboost and GT coup and only offering a 2 door as "limited" releases like the mach 1, gt500, etc. I don't like it, but I can see it.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I can see Ford doing away with the Ecoboost and GT coup and only offering a 2 door as "limited" releases like the mach 1, gt500, etc. I don't like it, but I can see it.
Yeah that was what I was thinking too. The Mustang as we know it as a performance car will become limited special editions in the 70 to 100k range and us working joes will have to settle for used ones as they drop in price or the mach-e as the regular production model.

Sponsored

gnarlycaveman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think they are trying to push the mustang brand if that makes sense. I think in the years to come Mustang will be a part of ford as ram trucks is to dodge or how fiat is to jeep and chevy is to gmc ect. Also stretching it more i can see them just doing as you said coupes as special editions as making the gt500, mach 1 or boss throughout the years along side the mach e or after the s650 run is done with. Or maybe its just a commercial and we are overthinking it.

19bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ugh. I really really hate that damn thing. I will never refer to that ugly POS as a Mustang.
Lol! I love this way of thinking.
I’m getting a bright orange Mach-E GT for the wife. I’ll be the guy dusting you at the light hitting 60 in 3sec.
Mustang is a feeling/performance value not just a 2-door couple only.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Or maybe its just a commercial and we are overthinking it.
Possible LOL, it was just the way they said the mustang.! not the mach-e or the all electric or anything they straight up called it the Mustang. The improved Mustang no less.

Sponsored

gnarlycaveman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Possible LOL, it was just the way they said the mustang.! not the mach-e or the all electric or anything they straight up called it the Mustang. The improved Mustang no less.
Yeah i noticed that to. I overheard the commercial watching a football game. once i heard mustang i was like HUH ! then i looked and it was a mach e and i was like f***.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
I’m getting a bright orange Mach-E GT for the wife. I’ll be the guy dusting you at the light hitting 60 in 3sec.
Absolutely could not disagree with you more. But to each their own. You keep your feelings, I’ll keep my 2 door Mustang.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Humm for the wife hu.... they you said its gonna be you dusting us at lights...HUmmmm.... maybe the man in you cant admit its not a mustang and dont want your man friends making fun of you so you have to say I am getting it for the wife? LOL Just yankin your chain. enjoy, orange is a great color.
Screenshot_9.jpg

19bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Absolutely could not disagree with you more. But to each their own. You keep your feelings, I’ll keep my 2 door Mustang.
Thanks, same to you. I’ll enjoy both

19bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Humm for the wife hu.... they you said its gonna be you dusting us at lights...HUmmmm.... maybe the man in you cant admit its not a mustang and dont want your man friends making fun of you so you have to say I am getting it for the wife? LOL Just yankin your chain. enjoy, orange is a great color.
Screenshot_9.jpg

Lol! Thanks
I’m keeping the bullitt which is really really good, and getting a bronco for the daily.
I am excited for the Mach e though haven’t driven an electric vehicle yet and I’m usually the one driving anyways lol

I see what ford is trying to do with mustang brand and can appreciate it, if it wasn’t called a mustang people wouldn’t be talking about it as much.
Sponsored