Sponsored

Ford is now referring to he Mach-e as "The Mustang" in its ads.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Tried to find the ad on youtube but Today was first time I saw it on TV and then seen it several times. They dont even show the mustang as we know it they only show the Mach-E and refer to it as the mustang. They say something along the lines of we improved the mustang and gave it.... then show the Mach -E. They dont mention Mach-e anywhere in the ad just "The Mustang"

I know in other posts people have said the next mustang as we know it will likely be a 8 year model. If the Mach-e takes off and since the Mustang is Fords last car they are making (fusion is on way out next year). How long till the Mustang we know and love is gone? I know this topic has been covered several times to a degree but seeing that ad today sorta made it real that the time is closer then any of us wants to admit. I have a feeling the s650 will be the last Car type mustang we see. I mean if Ford themselves are now publicly calling the Mach-e "the mustang" in their ads, it wont be long I feel. I was on fence about weather I would buy a s650 but I think I just might and enjoy the last ride.
Yup, calling it a Mustang is a real jerk move. Seems to me Ford is betting that those who care about the Mustang heritage and name are a small minority and/or if Ford's future vehicles are good enough people will buy anyway.

It's worked on me to a degree, because even though the Mach E really annoys me I still own 4 Fords (and my wife owns one as well). I think the GT350 is one of the best cars ever and I'm hoping to buy another some day. I like my 2017 GT PP a lot (busy replacing lots of the soft stock suspension, but I like the car). The FiST is a great commuter car IMO. Now Ford won't get that money when I buy a GT350, but I'm still buying a Ford and I'm still driving Fords. I guess that's the difference for me. It's in my best interests to buy used to save money and I no longer feel a motivation to "help" Ford by buying new.

Bottom line is the only way to influence Ford is with $$. If they don't make something people like - it won't sell. I just hope there are enough people that think like me to prevent V8 manual transmission RWD cars from going away completely.