Sponsored

Ford cancelled my order!

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I sent an email off to my dealership today, sort of a monthly update I've been doing.

He went off to check with Ford and then immediately phoned me when he had information: Ford Corporate have cancelled the MY18 order completely! It didn't make the production run!

Dealer was, thankfully, very blunt and up-front about the entire ordeal. Completely transparent. If the APR and/or pricing and/or options of the 2019 aren't to my liking, he will refund me the entire amount including the ÂŁ1000 security deposit. If I decide to go through, I don't have to do anything but give him a spec and he'll submit a new order, but it means I wont get the car until Q1 or Q2 2019!!

:tsk::frusty:
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
My word, what in the bleeding hell?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Whaaat :eyebulge:

Is that anything to do with the car broker you used? That's a real kick in the balls man. So back to square 1 :(

Surely the lead time is not that bad is it? I'd like to think you could see it this year. Kick up enough of a fuss & get your order expedited, they can get a car built & over here within a couple of months with the right motivation I reckon.

I'm sure there may be cancelled customer orders, or dealer demos on their way that you could pinch if you speak to the right people :shrug:

Sucks man :brokenheart:

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Sorry to hear that Ben. I thought they would just change you over to a 19 but maybe it is because they are bundling up the options for 19. Why so late though, production should start in July ..... won’t delivery be Q4 this year maybe ?

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Can't help thinking the dealer should have known that already.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This confuses me, as we're well aware if a car misses a production run it gets shuffled into the next one, take for instance the following prior scenarios:

MY15 release, orders went in, some came out as MY16s (Wing mirror fins), some My16s and My17s and in a very rare care a MY15 was a MY17 (sync 3).

I don't understand, unless pricing is about to go absolutley through the fucking roof (or downward which is unlikely) why they would cancel the order.
Unless of course; ford are canning the MY18? Or they've done it to try and get people to buy MY17's that are stock still?

I assume this order was part of the killer deal broker thing you mentioned before? if so, could that be part of the reasoning behind it?

I'm only speculating, but, as you saw with mine being "delayed" i'd be fucking livid right now, partly because, you really shouldn't have to deal with this, the dealers should take it on.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
did he even give you the reasoning as to why ford corporate had cancelled the order?

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Whaaat :eyebulge:

Is that anything to do with the car broker you used? That's a real kick in the balls man. So back to square 1 :(

Surely the lead time is not that bad is it? I'd like to think you could see it this year. Kick up enough of a fuss & get your order expedited, they can get a car built & over here within a couple of months with the right motivation I reckon.

I'm sure there may be cancelled customer orders, or dealer demos on their way that you could pinch if you speak to the right people :shrug:

Sucks man :brokenheart:
Nothing to do with the broker. My order was submitted on March 5th, the day the last 18 orders were allowed to be submitted. I just didn't make the cut. The line would've already been switched over to MY19 before my order could be built. When I worked for Nissan, they'd just automatically transfer an order over to the next model year and update the customer, but because of the supposed change in how MY19 cars are optioned compared to MY18, that just isn't an option with the Mustang.

I ordered mag ride and a wing as individual items. The MY19 will have USA style option packs instead, thus my order can't be transferred as we simply don't know what option packs exist or even cost for export cars.

This is why the very first thing the dealer said was "you can be refunded every penny". To me, that's code for "they're going to be arse expensive".

Sorry to hear that Ben. I thought they would just change you over to a 19 but maybe it is because they are bundling up the options for 19. Why so late though, production should start in July ..... won’t delivery be Q4 this year maybe ?
The 18 I was getting would've been Q4. The 19s are the extreme end of Q4 but more likely Q1 19. Just look at when the majority of 18s were delivered, as an example.

Can't help thinking the dealer should have known that already.
This I know for certain; ford only notify a dealer about certain aspects of an order, rather than a constant stream of updates like Nissan, GM or a myriad of other manufacturers. Thus I'm not surprised I was the one that instigated the investigation into my car.

Ford would've eventually told the dealer once the new 19 orders were officially open.

Stinger GTS with a tune to 400whp is still my plan B though.
I say that because I know it annoys the tits off of people in this forum. ;)

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
did he even give you the reasoning as to why ford corporate had cancelled the order?
He was very honest and said he couldn't give me one, other than speculating its because of a drastic change in specification from 18 to 19.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This confuses me, as we're well aware if a car misses a production run it gets shuffled into the next one, take for instance the following prior scenarios:

MY15 release, orders went in, some came out as MY16s (Wing mirror fins), some My16s and My17s and in a very rare care a MY15 was a MY17 (sync 3).

I don't understand, unless pricing is about to go absolutley through the fucking roof (or downward which is unlikely) why they would cancel the order.
Unless of course; ford are canning the MY18? Or they've done it to try and get people to buy MY17's that are stock still?

I assume this order was part of the killer deal broker thing you mentioned before? if so, could that be part of the reasoning behind it?

I'm only speculating, but, as you saw with mine being "delayed" i'd be fucking livid right now, partly because, you really shouldn't have to deal with this, the dealers should take it on.
Oh I'm not a happy lad at all, I can tell you that for nothing. I imagine its pricing, packages and having to retool finance options. The dealer did hint that residuals might go up, which is nice.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
He was very honest and said he couldn't give me one, other than speculating its because of a drastic change in specification from 18 to 19.
What colour did you spec for? All i know for MY19s is an updated dash(software) and colour changes...?

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Mine been cancelled as well :brokenheart:, just got off the phone to them, think they have cancelled them all, I have my droughts wether any mustangs were built going through c2c, I know complaints have been put in to Ford about c2c, Don’t know if that had anything to do with it :shrug:

I will wait and see what the new pricing is, but honestly don’t know what I will do as I know I can’t have TY :brokenheart:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Stinger GTS with a tune to 400whp is still my plan B though.
:rant:

Didn't the 15's jump by about ÂŁ600 every few months? Hopefully the price hike is similar to that & nothing too crazy.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What colour did you spec for? All i know for MY19s is an updated dash(software) and colour changes...?
Black. However I specified MagRide and a Wing as individual items, rather than using a pack.

Mine been cancelled as well :brokenheart:, just got off the phone to them, think they have cancelled them all, I have my droughts wether any mustangs were built going through c2c, I know complaints have been put in to Ford about c2c, Don’t know if that had anything to do with it :shrug:

I will wait and see what the new pricing is, but honestly don’t know what I will do as I know I can’t have TY :brokenheart:
So that's two for two. :doh:
Also, Christ, I hope they haven't!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Black. However I specified MagRide and a Wing as individual items, rather than using a pack.

So that's two for two. :doh:
Also, Christ, I hope they haven't!
He said that I was one on the list he had to ring, so there is more than just us two
Sponsored