Sponsored

Ford bringing Apple CarPlay to all Sync 3 equipped vehicles.

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Apple announced the APIs for wireless CarPlay at WWDC last year. iOS 9 supports some level of this. VW was set to demo it at CES last week but Apple restricted them from doing so. Probably because it's not quite ready for primetime or they just want manufacturers to nail down their wired support first before trying to spend effort on the wireless side of it. It'll probably see wide release after an Apple media event in the spring or at the next WWDC in June.

http://mashable.com/2015/06/08/apple-carplay-going-wireless/#pDc.t8VHKPqY

http://blog.caranddriver.com/apple-blocked-volkswagen-from-demonstrating-wireless-carplay-at-ces/

or because VW has been on everyones shitlist and Apple isnt thrilled to debut a new feature with a tainted brand.

-ex. marketing guy
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
For those that remember the 2nd Gen ipod, it didn't come bluetooth enabled, but all the hardware was there for it. After almost 6 months they released the firmware upgrade for it. It cost $10, but we'll with it. By the way, still have the 2nd Gen ipod, buts my only apple product. Currently on a Samsung galaxy note4
Oh yeah, there's a ton of examples in the tech industry where there was "dormant" hardware and that _might_ be the case with LTE (fingers crossed, but I won't be disappointed if it's not).

Wow, nice collectable, I still have a 60GB 5th gen. It's in the Mustang in fact, though it's in desperate need of new music it still works great. There's a guy on one my Apple boards that's been selling later models with the spinner swapped out to an SSD (and the case refurb'ed to nearly new condition), pretty cool.

My condolences on the Note 4 ... :D (I have one around here somewhere, was using it for some [Gear] VR prototyping ...)

or because VW has been on everyones shitlist and Apple isnt thrilled to debut a new feature with a tainted brand.

-ex. marketing guy
Yeah, did you see VW's latest proposal was met with NFW (re: diesel shenanigans)