Sponsored

Ford AUS Mustang Performance Upgrade

ShadowMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Ford Mustang Fastback
Are any AUS members aware of the latest information from Ford Australia of the date, or for that matter any intention, for release of the Ford accredited engine performance upgrade for the AUS spec Eco Boost and GT V8 Mustang which involves re-calibration/mapping of the engine and a Cold Air Intake under warranty retention for a proposed purchase price of $900AUS. The last I heard was that it would be available from Ford Australia in late 2017.
:ford:
Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Thats a pack that has been available in the US for a fair few years, my guess is ADR compliancing causing their issues as EACH car modified will need to be ADR complianced unless they sell it with the pack from the factory.

And the ADR compliancing will make it really expensive and therfore not worth it to most.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Hey Shadow that sounds very cheap (depending of course on what it is) and therefore very interesting! Can I ask please where you heard of this?

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
Is this for real? If so it’s a killer deal. Herrod do theirs with Ford Performance warranty from $2k.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ShadowMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Ford Mustang Fastback
The price of $900AUS was stated in an article I read in an Australian publication on the Ford accredited Performance Enhancement Package about 12 months back for the Eco Boost and V8 and only comprises re-mapping of the engine to create an extra 25hp and the Cold Air Intake. I also thought it cheap at the time.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
What was the CAI that the article said was part of the package?

I ask because there was so much talk about Ford releasing supercharger packages prior to the first batch, but then they couldn't meet ADRs so they abandoned the idea.

Open air filter intakes are illegal in Aus (such as the GT350 one, which is probably their only option), so I'm thinking they don't have a suitable CAI to meet ADR approval.

Also as suggested, that price is highly unrealistic for Ford

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase