Sponsored

Forced Induction sticky thread?

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I have zero experience with FI and wonder if some resource on the internet or useful thread at this forum exists that summarizes available options and pros and cons?
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Your all ready here. this is place, ask your questions And folks will chime in..

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Seee^^^^^

OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Your all ready here. this is place, ask your questions And folks will chime in..
I'm looking fof 50 state/CARB products with hp in around 620 area (stage 1?).

I know there's Ford Racing, Whipple and Paxton in this area. I have no knowledge of every day drivability/qualities of either, but Paxton mounts in front of the engine and I can keep my PP strut bar in place.

That's all I know.

I do not drag race, do autox once in a while. I do not show off the power daily. So I wonder which one would be a good daily driver. Also, I'd preffer one that has less reliability issues itself and togethercwith the engine. I am limited to 91 fuel, so no detonation of any sort, please.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Take from me, if you want a Centrifugal Sc you want to go with Procharger. I had a Paxton on my previous 2012 gt & i now have a Procharger D1x..The Procharger is the better unit in every way. Whipples are nice but if you order one your looking at 3-4 months before you see your product. Ford racing tvs sc are decent but are known to run higher intake temps, which leads to heat soak that robs you of hp. Start googling info on a Procharger P1x high output. Very easy to install, reasonably priced, makes great power & the drivability is flawless.

When your ready to buy call Terry Beefcake Reeves @ Beefcake Racing. He will answer every question you have about any Sc your looking at, and give you a great deal. He’s one of the few venders that you actually talk to the owner about the set up you want and then he’ll make you a great deal!

1 (855) 827-7223

Last edited:

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
I do not drag race, do autox once in a while. I do not show off the power daily. So I wonder which one would be a good daily driver. Also, I'd preffer one that has less reliability issues itself and togethercwith the engine. I am limited to 91 fuel, so no detonation of any sort, please.
TVS.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking fof 50 state/CARB products with hp in around 620 area (stage 1?).

I know there's Ford Racing, Whipple and Paxton in this area. I have no knowledge of every day drivability/qualities of either, but Paxton mounts in front of the engine and I can keep my PP strut bar in place.

That's all I know.

Sorry to say this but the things that folks do when they get a supercharger are things you say you don't do. So why do you want boost if your not going to use it? Is it just to tell folks you have a Supercharger..your gonna put down alot of money to do nothing? You can take it to the track from time to time, do roll racing wot pulls, burnouts car shows etc. Are you telling us your not gonna do any of this?

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
I don't think there is a wrong answer to any FI kit. They all have pro's and con's. I personally went with whipple. The only drawback being how busy they are right now. But that just goes to show how good the product is. I would go Procharger if you are set on a centri. Roush if you must keep your warranty. And whipple for anything else. Edelbrock is a good kit too, but check the Edelbrock thread. There are some quirks. But it makes good power and is fairly easy to install.

Sponsored
OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I don't think there is a wrong answer to any FI kit. They all have pro's and con's. I personally went with whipple. The only drawback being how busy they are right now. But that just goes to show how good the product is. I would go Procharger if you are set on a centri. Roush if you must keep your warranty. And whipple for anything else. Edelbrock is a good kit too, but check the Edelbrock thread. There are some quirks. But it makes good power and is fairly easy to install.
That's the thing. It would be nice to have a guide like this
https://www.brenspeed.com/buyersguide.html

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've heard the Whipple stage 1 tune has great drivability, it's is also a very reliable unit and IMO has the best fit and finish. If you have a heavy foot, a centri like procharger would be a better option since the power is more progressive. Not sure about delivery times. I'd wait to see if there are any labor day sales before ordering anyway. Maybe even black Friday. I ordered my Whipple from Beefcake last November and it was at my door in 2.5 weeks.

OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Sorry to say this but the things that folks do when they get a supercharger are things you say you don't do. So why do you want boost if your not going to use it? Is it just to tell folks you have a Supercharger..your gonna put down alot of money to do nothing? You can take it to the track from time to time, do roll racing wot pulls, burnouts car shows etc. Are you telling us your not gonna do any of this?
There's this thing called mod bug. I installed PP2, but my engine was hopelessly detonating at 91 octane. I am looking for something else carb certified. Not sure I want to give any more money to ford racing based on how helpful (not) their customer support was in resolving this detonation issue.

Here's particular question I have though - do supercharger canned tunes increase redline? I feel like standard coyote is too limited on rpms. It is so very rev happy that I hit redline fairly frequently. Would love to bump it up to 7500 or whatever safe limit is.

I wouldn't like to change this high rev happiness nature of the engine. So like if some SC combo gives low end power bump but suffocated at the high end, - that is something I would not like.

OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I've heard the Whipple stage 1 tune has great drivability, it's is also a very reliable unit and IMO has the best fit and finish. If you have a heavy foot, a centri like procharger would be a better option since the power is more progressive. Not sure about delivery times. I'd wait to see if there are any labor day sales before ordering anyway. Maybe even black Friday. I ordered my Whipple from Beefcake last November and it was at my door in 2.5 weeks.
Yes, that's good point and I'm in no hurry.

Which brings another question - what's reasonable price to pay for the kit? I've seen vendors posting 15%, 20% off sales.

OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Take from me, if you want a Centrifugal Sc you want to go with Procharger. I had a Paxton on my previous 2012 gt & i now have a Procharger D1x..The Procharger is the better unit in every way. Whipples are nice but if you order one your looking at 3-4 months before you see your product. Ford racing tvs sc are decent but are known to run higher intake temps, which leads to heat soak that robs you of hp. Start googling info on a Procharger P1x high output. Very easy to install, reasonably priced, makes great power & the drivability is flawless.

When your ready to buy call Terry Beefcake Reeves @ Beefcake Racing. He will answer every question you have about any Sc your looking at, and give you a great deal. He’s one of the few venders that you actually talk to the owner about the set up you want and then he’ll make you a great deal!

1 (855) 827-7223
Thanks, I'll call once I made up my mind.
Sponsored