Sponsored

Forced Induction..., now should I just wear out my stock axles B4 upgrading them or w

OP
OP

Indyorangepony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Competition Orange 15' GT base 6 spd
yeah I really hate to upgrade on a new car unless absolute. if it ain't broke don't fix. i ain't gonna hit it that hard far from home.if it's close all is good...............
Sponsored

OP
OP

Indyorangepony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Competition Orange 15' GT base 6 spd
I'll be sure and post my results, good or bad...it's what these forums are all about for me...............

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I would add the half shafts out of the gate.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Yes, Half shafts. Dont break the stock ones, you never know, you may need them later on. Let us know if we can help you out, we sell both FRPP and DSS directly.

Sponsored

Crush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP white
My 2 cents.
Replace the clutch, & 1/2 shafts. The clutch will start to slip a little without you knowing and the 1/2 shafts will go in one shot sooner then later.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
There is no "wearing out". Shit breaks when you least expect it to. I am fully expecting my stock clutch to give up the ghost on the dyno in two weeks. The RXT is sitting in the garage ready to go.
You may be surprised. I've had 6 dyno pulls on my stocker and it actually looked rather nice when it came out. Go ahead and put the RXT in though, you're going to like it.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Keep in mind "Collateral Damage". I don't know how they are on these cars but I had an AWD car that snapped a half shaft and took a lower control arm with it.
This. As well as the driveshaft. Both can take some "stuff" with them when they break, expensive "stuff". If you're going to be doing hard launches, the insurance is nice.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Knowing I was going to add a blower at some point I added axles , clutch , flywheel , drive shaft , wheel hop parts right at the start .. Now I have all the supporting parts to handle the blower ... Also added Drag Shocks ( these will help plant the tires and help with any unwanted wheel hop ).. I always plan for the worst and not just hope for the best ..

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Knowing I was going to add a blower at some point I added axles , clutch , flywheel , drive shaft , wheel hop parts right at the start .. Now I have all the supporting parts to handle the blower ... Also added Drag Shocks ( these will help plant the tires and help with any unwanted wheel hop ).. I always plan for the worst and not just hope for the best ..
that's always a great way to go about it!!!!!

supporting mods then go power crazy!
Sponsored