Sponsored

For you ecoboost lovers - Shelby GT EcoBoost

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I don't get it, how can you compare Shelby to a cheap tuning shop.
Pretty simply - looking at the cars they're putting out make me want to puke. Looking at the price tag makes me want to laugh. Do you work for them or did you spend a whole bunch of dollars on one ?

In the past they were putting out pretty fantastic cars. Not anymore (sadly) - that's all I'm saying.
Sponsored

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
No one will ever mistake this car for anything else...it has 9 badges on the outside of the car. Check out the 50 cent pieces stuck next to the fastback glass on either side...hideous. It's appropriate that these cars are assembled in Nevada, where gaming is legal, because that car is certainly a "GAMBLE".

Last edited:

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
So how long till someone on here with too much time and a spare EB will make it to look like this one with probably as much of not more hp and then not spend over $24k?

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Wish I did

I wish I worked for them, they have an amazing place over there, been there did the tour. All nice people, all love these cars and met the Gary guy, he is smart, friendly and loves what they do. I actually like the Shelby name all over the place, and if you build any of the models the way I like em there really good looking. The weird thing about the guys that love to bash them is, one likes the hood, one guy likes the rear end, another guy likes the side skirt, over all everyone seems to like the way they look. What doesn't look good on it, I cant find.

I am not the black everything out guy, I like some silver, not chrome but some silver here and there, Here is a pic of how I would build the GT, ECO looks almost the same.

2015-gt-shelby-ruby.jpg

Pretty simply - looking at the cars they're putting out make me want to puke. Looking at the price tag makes me want to laugh. Do you work for them or did you spend a whole bunch of dollars on one ?

In the past they were putting out pretty fantastic cars. Not anymore (sadly) - that's all I'm saying.

Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
I don't get it, how can you compare Shelby to a cheap tuning shop. they have there own deal, there hood, there side skirts, there tail, there back carbon fiber deck cover, there grill upper and lower, Shelby Air Intake, Shelby Exhaust, Complete and nice looking lower rear fascia. Suspension Mods and on an on, Interior Mods while minor look nice. Then from what I was told by them and read online, they work with the Supercharger company to make sure all the parts work together better than any tuner shop could ever do. Its a complete well designed package that works, its 627 HP, the Carbon Fiber supposedly lightens things a little and they use some of the best wheels you can get anywhere in the world. They use the best tires as well.

Go to the site and build one in the colors and stripes and wheels you like, they look fantastic.

If your join the the Shelby American forum and read a little, there are very few issues, they seem to work out the kinks before they offer the pkg to the general public. Shelby owners usually love them and benefit from have a limited # and registered Shelby registered vehicle when it comes to resale.

Go to a tuner shop and see what Ford tells you about your warranty, Shelby same three years you had to begin with.

A good deal to me, Once again If I could afford it, I would be in for a GT or a Supersnake Shelby in a heartbeat.
whats you smoking

Reactions: kz

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Pictures usually dont do a car justice. The posted pictures look pretty darn good. I bet the ones who dont like the look of the Shelby GT Ecoboost would change their opininon if they saw one in person.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
id change my opinion if the package wasnt 24k and i got to see it in person.

other than that, the supplied pics dont look all that great and the price tag makes it even worse. I do 100% know i dont like that hood though.

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
the damn car is ugly, overpriced and to top it all off they called an ecoboost GT. they might as well went full on ricer and put a nissan GT-R badge on the thing

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
the damn car is ugly, overpriced and to top it all off they called an ecoboost GT. they might as well went full on ricer and put a nissan GT-R badge on the thing

yeah the ecoboost GT is one of the worst parts.

ecoboost wont ever be the 5.0 unless the do a ecoboost 5.0 which just the idea of makes me lol but.....ecoboost gt...cmon shelby please stop.

Sponsored

GPhilly04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost 6MT
It's hideous but the article is wrong, it's actually a 25HP gain...that makes it sooo worth it! :D
Thank you!! That was the first thing that came to my mind when reading the article. How can they get that wrong?! You're trying to sell a modification for an insane price (based on what you get), and you can't even correctly advertise what the customer gains...?

:shrug:

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
Ignore this little rant if you will but my mind is still boggled by this!
I just don't see how I, or most people who aren't die-hard Shelby fans, could justify spending $24k on what add-on's you get :shrug:
You could get the same 25 HP gains without even spending $500 - $1000 or right at if you shop right so you already saved money there. And anything at that level of HP gains could probably self-installed if your handy so no labor $$ spent.
As for the carbon fiber parts, unless that's your ultra desired look, you could still find parts of similar style and quality elsewhere easily for less than $24k altogether and while these would be harder to install for some, doing research in a reputable shop would result in not spending near as much on labor so money is still being saved and still good quality if you did your homework. This goes for the same with the wheels. By this point, all of the stuff you would've gotten from this car is only priced more because of the Shelby name on it. Buuuuut pretty much works the same as if it was from someone else.
The badges? If some of those aren't on sale somewhere yet, they will be soon so give it time. Same with the decals.
Giving the EB a GT name doesn't make much sense and when people hear the car they'll easily know its not an actual GT so I don't see the point in that. Calling it a Shelby EB could've easily worked and would've made more sense.
The looks don't bother me much. Only thing that really bothers me is the grill color. Just black that shit out and it improves IMO. I find the carbon fiber kind of useless at such a steep price since aside from a number of lbs shed, it does nothing but look shiny.
End of my rant, but everyone tell me, is there anything I'm forgetting about this??

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Giving the EB a GT name doesn't make much sense and when people hear the car they'll easily know its not an actual GT so I don't see the point in that. Calling it a Shelby EB could've easily worked and would've made more sense.
They should have at least found a middle ground. Maybe Shelby GT-E?

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
They should have at least found a middle ground. Maybe Shelby GT-E?
Or a GT/EB. Similar to how GT/CS is. Only die-hard Mustang fans will know what that is or means but only die-hard Mustang fans will also know this isn't a 5.0. I don't even know why it needs the GT label cause even if it's by Shelby, it's almost as bad as putting GT on a V6 Mustang, it just doesn't work.
Which begs the question then, why not come up with and put their own version of a "2.3T" emblem?! Or the Snake emblem somehow tied in with a 2.3T, now that would look cool and different!

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Gotta Agree

Gotta agree the name is stupid, makes no sense to call it a GT

Should have been a n ET :-(

Or a GT/EB. Similar to how GT/CS is. Only die-hard Mustang fans will know what that is or means but only die-hard Mustang fans will also know this isn't a 5.0. I don't even know why it needs the GT label cause even if it's by Shelby, it's almost as bad as putting GT on a V6 Mustang, it just doesn't work.
Which begs the question then, why not come up with and put their own version of a "2.3T" emblem?! Or the Snake emblem somehow tied in with a 2.3T, now that would look cool and different!
Sponsored