Sponsored

For those waiting on a steering wheel

Mystang19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
GT.jpg

I would suggest that everyone file a grievance as soon as you can, it may help speed things up. 800-334-4375
wdstker.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mystang19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
It might put you towards the top of the list. What do you have to loose by making a phone call? I was getting tired of waiting, I was willing to try anything.

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It might put you towards the top of the list. What do you have to loose by making a phone call? I was getting tired of waiting, I was willing to try anything.
That is awesome information, thank you!! I suggest that wacoMustang and crewdawg16 do this immediately to maybe help those cars get built. My ordered car was scheduled to be built on 2/19 and still in production but your date is not too far before mine so maybe they are catching up with the wheels. Thanks for the phone number above too.

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
That is awesome information, thank you!! I suggest that wacoMustang and crewdawg16 do this immediately to maybe help those cars get built. My ordered car was scheduled to be built on 2/19 and still in production but your date is not too far before mine so maybe they are catching up with the wheels. Thanks for the phone number above too.
Guys, have you never seen Raiders of the Lost Ark? The warehouse at the end is pretty much what the parking lot looks like. They have NO IDEA where individual cars are. It'll pass the time, but no way will complaining make any difference. Buy dealer stock, then leave the dealers with '19 cars to sell in the '20 model year - give Ford and the dealers some pain so they may learn a lesson. If you hang on to the idea of getting the car you ordered, you're playing into their hands. Our cars are just cells in a spreadsheet - we care, they don't.

Sponsored

Mystang19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Guys, have you never seen Raiders of the Lost Ark? The warehouse at the end is pretty much what the parking lot looks like. They have NO IDEA where individual cars are. It'll pass the time, but no way will complaining make any difference. Buy dealer stock, then leave the dealers with '19 cars to sell in the '20 model year - give Ford and the dealers some pain so they may learn a lesson. If you hang on to the idea of getting the car you ordered, you're playing into their hands. Our cars are just cells in a spreadsheet - we care, they don't.
well I choose not to have a negative attitude about the whole thing. My car is to be delivered on 4/6. The previous delivery date was supposed to be 3/5. I called customer service yesterday and they said my vehicle was in transportation and moving. You can say what you want but complaining and filing a report may have made a difference. The previous poster had a build date of 2/19 and mine was 2/17 his hasn't moved off of production yet. the reason I ordered the car I did is because I cannot find it anywhere on a car lot. Why would I now settle for something less than what I want just to teach someone a lesson, that makes no sense.

Last edited:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I called customer service yesterday and they said my vehicle was in transportation and moving. You can say what you want but complaining and filing a report may have made a difference.
It didn't. If you car is moving already it had to be released to the shipping company several days ago.

The previous poster had a build date of 2/19 and mine was 2/17 his hasn't moved off of production yet.
And mine had a build date of 2/18 and went into transit a week ago. It's random chance where they are placed in the lots and how they can be accessed.

I like the Raiders analogy. I wish I'd thought of it.

Mystang19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
It didn't. If you car is moving already it had to be released to the shipping company several days ago.

And mine had a build date of 2/18 and went into transit a week ago. It's random chance where they are placed in the lots and how they can be accessed.

If yours went into Transit a week ago do you have a delivery date as of yet? I have been calling customer service two to three times a week for the last month trying to get updates on my build. When my dealer told me to file a grievance I did not hesitate. I have no idea whether it helped my situation or not but I didn't figure it would'nt hurt any. All I know is I will be happy when it finally arrives. I have many things I need to do to it and would have rather had it set in here for the last month. My side scoops, rear window louvers, hood struts, removable license plate bracket and the custom racing stripes, fender and side stripes that I am going to make could have been installed already.

Mystang19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT

My status changed twice this last Monday. I filed my complaint last Thursday I believe.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If yours went into Transit a week ago do you have a delivery date as of yet? .
Yes, from my dealer, by next Friday. The same date he got from the regional rep several weeks ago.

I'll believe it when I see it, but as the car was in Buffalo, NY, two days ago and therefore needs only to rail transfer to the East Brookfield, MA, regional distribution center and then get on a truck, it's not unreasonable.

When my dealer told me to file a grievance I did not hesitate. I have no idea whether it helped my situation or not but I didn't figure it would'nt hurt any.
Well, most likely it helped you dealer's situation, as now you're on the phone with someone else.

My status changed twice this last Monday. I filed my complaint last Thursday I believe.
Correlation is not causation. My status changed two times last weekend. I had a pizza on Friday I believe. That doesn't mean that I'm recommending that people bother the Pakistani guy who owns the local pizza shop.

Our cars were built at the same time. Both are moving through the system at the same rate, one with me leaving the poor CS reps on the phone alone, and one with you doing otherwise. 80% of the cars in the first post in this thread (https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...if-youre-waiting-for-a-steering-wheel.118781/) are moving as well, with a couple of them already having been delivered.

Look, your dealer has a much better relationship with the marketing and shipping team than some random person answering phones in Detroit. If something could be reasonably done, that's how it would have happened.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mystang19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Yes, from my dealer, by next Friday. The same date he got from the regional rep several weeks ago.

I'll believe it when I see it, but as the car was in Buffalo, NY, two days ago and therefore needs only to rail transfer to the East Brookfield, MA, regional distribution center and then get on a truck, it's not unreasonable.

Well, most likely it helped you dealer's situation, as now you're on the phone with someone else.

Correlation is not causation. My status changed two times last weekend. I had a pizza on Friday I believe. That doesn't mean that I'm recommending that people bother the Pakistani guy who owns the local pizza shop.

Our cars were built at the same time. Both are moving through the system at the same rate, one with me leaving the poor CS reps on the phone alone, and one with you doing otherwise. 80% of the cars in the first post in this thread (https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...if-youre-waiting-for-a-steering-wheel.118781/) are moving as well, with a couple of them already having been delivered.

Look, your dealer has a much better relationship with the marketing and shipping team than some random person answering phones in Detroit. If something could be reasonably done, that's how it would have happened.
My dealer has been in able to give me the information I need

Mystang19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT

AparenAppa they don't because they haven't been able to give me any information.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
If yours went into Transit a week ago do you have a delivery date as of yet? I have been calling customer service two to three times a week for the last month trying to get updates on my build. When my dealer told me to file a grievance I did not hesitate. I have no idea whether it helped my situation or not but I didn't figure it would'nt hurt any. All I know is I will be happy when it finally arrives. I have many things I need to do to it and would have rather had it set in here for the last month. My side scoops, rear window louvers, hood struts, removable license plate bracket and the custom racing stripes, fender and side stripes that I am going to make could have been installed already.
Not sure it really matters at this point. If you had not noticed, some people have been waiting 6 or more months not including the steering wheel thing. The dealers control for the most point the basic amount of time it takes to get a car built and delivered. It starts with the dealer and the amount of cars they sell. It affects the allocation they can get. This along with other factors help determine the priority that can be assigned to the order. The priority is what can get the car through even faster. They don't control the factory, the parts ordering or the actual transportation from the factory to the dealer though. It seems your build took about the avg amount of time to get built, although I have not seen when you actually placed the order. Those that were waiting 6 months back in Feb, maybe could have gone the squeaky wheel route, but not sure what could have been done. The thing with the steering wheels was unfortunate for sure and maybe your dealer will take pity and give you a couple few service visits. The only way to avoid any of this is to not order a car again and just buy one off the lot.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer has been in able to give me the information I need

AparenAppa they don't because they haven't been able to give me any information.
That was kind of my point.

Your dealer has a business relationship with Ford and probably has a personal relationship with the regional rep. The dealer also knows the customer service number, if that would have any additional information or could help him move an order to sell a car. If the public CS telephone staff could do anything meaningful, he'd have called them, because he wants to register the sale of the car before you decide to go elsewhere.

If the dealer can't get information through either the commercial, private, or public channels available, it comes down to one of two things - either he's not trying or the information wasn't available at the time he tried.

Mystang19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT

Well my dealer has not been able to give me any detailed information. I have gotten more information from customer service then I have for my dealer.
Sponsored