For those looking for HP wheels....

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Can’t be any harder than my PP2 wheels really.
So, imagine your PP2 wheels then cut the center out of another set of PP2 wheels. and put them behind yours, at a 36° angle offset. there ya geaux!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Where are you guys getting the OEM HP wheels are forged, they are cast. They weigh 1.7lbs lighter in the front vs. the regular wheel and 2.2 lbs lighter in the rear. Which means they are still heavier than hell.

Mach 1 HPWheels

That being said, buying wheels as an OEM wheel from a Ford Parts dept. is always more expensive than getting the wheels through Ford Racing. The $1000 price from Levittown totally sounds about right. They are the same wheels with a different finish.

BTW, even from the Ford Racing website it says they are the same wheels.

1632417390736.png

I would get these and have them powder coated to a Hyper Silver.

Last edited:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, I missed you made a topic. As I mentioned in the other thread, are they really forged? Ford says they are cast aluminum in their infographic.

Correct they are cast.

Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I’m glad I didn’t buy the Steeda wheels. Really not a good fit for a PP2 in my opinion.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m glad I didn’t buy the Steeda wheels. Really not a good fit for a PP2 in my opinion.

Which Steeda wheels, the new Steeda Trident? Not a fan of those and thats going backwards on a PP2 car with the 10.5" front wheel vs. the Trident 10" front wheel. Although you got to like the weight reduction of the Trident wheels.

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Where are you guys getting the OEM HP wheels are forged, they are cast. They weigh 1.7lbs lighter in the front vs. the regular wheel and 2.2 lbs lighter in the rear. Which means they are still heavier than hell.

Mach 1 HPWheels

That being said, buying wheels as an OEM wheel from a Ford Parts dept. is always more expensive than getting the wheels through Ford Racing. The $1000 price from Levittown totally sounds about right. They are the same wheels with a different finish.

BTW, even from the Ford Racing website it says they are the same wheels.

1632417390736.png

I would get these and have them powder coated to a Hyper Silver.
I don’t have the sources in front of me since I’m on my phone but I’ve read I multiple places the HP wheels are forged cast alum. I think @Charlemagne read it as well. It’s an odd way to phrase it certainly but it was something about needing to meet the strength requirements for tracking…..I think that’s what it said

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
They should fit PP1 Mustang, right?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t have the sources in front of me since I’m on my phone but I’ve read I multiple places the HP wheels are forged cast alum. I think @Charlemagne read it as well. It’s an odd way to phrase it certainly but it was something about needing to meet the strength requirements for tracking…..I think that’s what it said

Yea they aren't forged. Forged and cast are 2 different construction methods. Also if they were forged they would probably be lighter. The wheels offered by Ford Racing are the same wheels other than the finish.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They should fit PP1 Mustang, right?

Yes, the front will poke out a bit thats why the Mach 1 has the wheel moldings to keep rocks from spittiing up.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
If anyone has pics of these or the OEM M1 wheels on a PP1, please share.

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Yea they aren't forged. Forged and cast are 2 different construction methods. Also if they were forged they would probably be lighter. The wheels offered by Ford Racing are the same wheels other than the finish.
I’m trying to find the ford document that detailed it but it stated they were forged cast aluminum to save a couple pounds on each wheel. It was an early promotional piece from last year. My understanding was that the process was similar to flow forming where a casting can be forged, in the sense that it is strengthened through a mechanical process. Not a traditional forged wheel but something in between. I should have lid more attention when this was covered in school so I could better understand it :cwl:

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Yes, the front will poke out a bit thats why the Mach 1 has the wheel moldings to keep rocks from spittiing up.
Yep the only thing I really hate about my PP2 is the front wheel poke.

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Yup. Two different processes.
Sponsored