Sponsored

FM antenna?

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
I'm going to check with dealer to see if there's any testing they can do
Two years later, where you able to get your FM reception improved? I just got my '22 and FM quality is one of the very few gripes I have with this car. But I am exposed to it all the time, and it gets harder and harder to ignore.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JCN

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT, 14 F150, 23 F150
Two years later, where you able to get your FM reception improved? I just got my '22 and FM quality is one of the very few gripes I have with this car. But I am exposed to it all the time, and it gets harder and harder to ignore.
No I got side tracked and the car set some. It's out of storage again and bugging me again, I had one guy tell me he thought that the rear antenna wire went to the bcm first then radio. This would be easier but I haven't confirmed.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
JCN

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I found this interesting diagram from https://www.carid.com/2021-ford-mustang-antennas/ford-oe-electrical-antenna-4241514630.html
37C9F293-A92B-47DB-ADD6-4B3FC3F564CE.jpeg

I wonder if one of those pieces can be intercepted and enhanced in some easy way.
Thats interesting but says it's the satellite antenna which on mine is the shark fin. Not sure what your lay out is on the 22. I have an appointment Tues. at dealer, will see if the parts guy will dig around for me. It would be nice if the lay out was similar and had a connecter you can get to near the antenna, I will swap to a convertible antenna to see if it works any better.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
JCN

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
My bad. My intercept/enhance plan won’t work. My hope was that I could replace the edge components with some parts from the Convertible
https://www.carid.com/2021-ford-mustang-antennas/ford-oe-electrical-antenna-4241534642.html
1865CCCD-ED0C-48CE-B4D2-6F28C185B9CE.jpeg

The convertible supports a physical antenna mast for FM. But looking more closely at the part numbers, they are all different ones than for the Coupe 😕
Ya that's my thought also, if I can swap for the convertible mast I will give it a try. If I have to run cable clear to back of radio, I probably won't bother. If I learn anything Tues. at dealer I'll let you know. The coupe (at least 20's) is in the rear window so it stands to reason that there has to be a connection close to rear window glass , I'm hoping the convert mast has a pigtail and compatible connection and not a cable that runs clear to the front. I may have to buy one to find out. I just noticed the site you show says out of stock, unknown when available!

OP
OP
JCN

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Well had my truck serviced and got no where with parts guy over looking into the antennas. all he had was a lot of reasons why he couldn't (wouldn't) look any of this up for me. From the diagrams you found it looks like the wiring is enough different between the 2 that I'm giving up till a better idea comes along.
Sponsored